konrad109's training blog

Discussion in 'MMA Training Logs' started by konrad109, Mar 21, 2008.

1. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Showed up at the gym tonite for the first time in 3 weeks. Did a regular workout of jump rope, heavy bag, shadow boxing etc. I felt pretty good even though I ran a couple miles and weight lifted earlier in the day.

Didn't spar but watched the coach's sons fight each other. One got caught with a really nasty left hook as he was backing up. Couple guys are getting ready for Golden Gloves and smokers.

2. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

3. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Going to Golden Gloves tonite. Not fighting, just gonna watch some teammates. It sucks that my camera is broken.

4. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Our heavyweight lost a decision. He completely controlled the ring and scored better shots but the other guy would pepper him with his reach and would just clinch him when he got into range. Kinda depressing. You can tell he was really disappointed.

5. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Feeling good today. Spring weather is finally starting to come around which is nice but unfortunatley it also means allergies, which sucks ballsack.

Ran a copule miles, lifted weights between classes at noon, then went to boxing in the evening. Really feeling like the lifting is helping improve my power, even though I've actually lost a bit of weight. Weighted in at 164 today.

6. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

School has been kicking my ass and I haven't been at boxing for way too long.

I did finally manage to put some power in my left roundhouse. My left hip used to be so uncoordinated I could never get it to turn over at the right time. Yesterday while I was kicking the heavy bag between classes it finally started to click. I couldn't get a lot of hits in because the leg is not at all conditioned but I feel grate. My right roundhouse is also getting faster and more powerful. Righ shin and instep are all bruised up today but I didn't feel a thing going full power on the bag.

7. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Yesterday morning I woke up feeling like crap, but I assumed it was allergies. I went to boxing even though I was aching all over, and even rode my bike so I was riding home all sweaty in windy weather. 6 AM this morning I woke up with a terrible headache, runny nose, aching all over and with a 101 degree fever. Down to 99.1 degrees now hopefully I'll be fine in a few more hours.

8. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

I can finally add something decent to this thing.

Had my second jiu jitsu class. We did a simple leg sweep and practiced two mount escapes, then we practice a bit live. The first guy I mounted tried grabbing my arm the way we had learned but I have a fancy little elbow roll I do that makes it really hard to grab my wrist. I rolled it right when he buck-and-rolled and lost control of my hand so I managed to stay on top. Somehow I ended up on his back with my hooks in and I wrapped his arm with my arm trying to figure out what to do next.

WHen I was mounted, I tried bucking but the guy stopped it and put his knees up under my armpits. He grabbed my lapel and put his elbow on my throat and I felt a choke coming. I tried to push him off but as soon as I straightened my arms he wrapped his arm back and grabbed my arms as if he was gonna swing for an armbar. I worked my elbows back in and push him back on my hip, bucked, managed to get a knee through to half guard and under his chest then I lifted him to get my other leg out and pushed him off me. I think thats what happened it all went pretty fast. I was really happy cause my first class I lost mount 4 times each in about 10 seconds.