A&P Konica Minolta Dimage A2

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Flux, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Flux

Flux uh huh, yeah OT Supporter

I've head nothing but high ratings and recommendations for this product (online). I plan on purchasing this within a month or two, after I review each camera and choose the best for me - however, this seems to always come up on top.

That being aside, is there any testimonials/experiences with this camera? Thanks in advance :)

2. mojito

mojito New Member

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/minolta-a2-location.shtml

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/konica-minolta-a2.shtml

Nikon is introducing a new model, replacing their 8700, check out dpreview for that. Otherwise the A2 is the best of the 8mp pro-sumer cams. Everyone here will probably say to get a Rebel or D70. Just depends on what you want it for. You're getting an 8mp cam, though a small sensor that really shouldn't go over 200 iso, a good 28-200 lens, a great digital viewfinder (probably the best made so far) and image stabilization in a small package. Its a great cam. Costco usually has it for 850.

3. mojito

mojito New Member

I've sold many of these, and never had one returned. While almost a quarter of the Sony 828s came back

We did have the A1 for 499 for a while, well till they were gone.

4. Flux

Flux uh huh, yeah OT Supporter

Thanks for the advice.. however, dpreview appears to rate the f828 and 8700 higher than the A2. I just did some extra research and found out that the resolution quality of the A2 isn't as spectacular from the other 2 mentioned.

:sigh:

So much options :hs:

5. mojito

mojito New Member

well its the same senor in all the 8mp, and the olympus technically has the highest quality lens, so I think thats just someones oponion. The 828 is great for IR photgraphy andmovies, but has a lot of noise and CA. The 8700 isn't better than any of the 8mp except that it has more zoom. Its the slowest of the lenses, and really has no unique features. The newer 8800 adds image stabilization and other key features.

6. mojito

mojito New Member

really read those reviws I posted. He is a pro photographer, not someone paid to do reviews. He takes the equiptment into the field and tests it there, telling you how it'll perform for you. Its still an oponion, but its the best kind, not osme debate over its feature set or technical specifications