GUN Knife vs. Handgun

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BigBadJohn, Oct 6, 2006.

1. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Okay, we have already posted about how we think an attack would go down with the assailant using a knife and the attacked having a handgun. I was wondering what would happen in the event it was the other way around.

I go to school in St Louis. Although it is in Mo, I am only 20 and can not apply for a cc permit, and the schoolI go to doesnt allow guns on campus either. I walk a mile and a half each way maybe every other day in a more bad neighborhood. I do carry a Benchmade 940 thoguh. I use it to cut things in shop class, and I guess I could use it for self defense to a degree. I was just wondering what you guys would think would happen if I were to:

A - Get held up by a guy that already had a knife drawn
    and
    B - Get held up by a guy that had a gun

Will most probably never happen, but I was just wondering. Id most probably try to do something if I saw even the slightest chance.

2. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

If the guy has a gun hope that he's close to you. It's a lot different if the gun is already drawn and aimed at you than if the guy is unsuspecting and still has to draw.

3. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

If he has a knife drawn? RUN, run like you've never ran before. Gun drawn? That gets a bit more difficult. In close tho a knife is devistating against a gun.

4. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I think the last thing I would want to get into with someone else was a knife fight. Both indivuduals are probably going to get cut to shit and nobody really walks out a winner. Take 2L Bunny's advice and run.

5. black96gtvert

black96gtvert "Is that goal regulation size or what!" -Happy Gil

i think in this situation the best is to cooperate. why risk your life over some cash ya know?

6. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

It was funny, at the last integrated knife/gun/hand to hand class I took. They paired us up with FIST helmets and rubber knives to spar and try to make it real. First person goes up has their hands up in the "I don't want and trouble" position then turned and ran. Didn't help the drill much, but usually the best option in real life.

7. I think about this a lot too. If you can get a your hand on the gun and it discharges hopefully not at you or anyone else then you might have a chance of it jamming if your hand is on the slide when the shell ejects. Doubtful though.

Really I would just give my shit up unless they said something like "turn around and get on your knees" then I would be fighting for my life.