Knees hurt REALLY bad the day after running SLOW

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by WildBull, Aug 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WildBull

WildBull Guest

I was wondering what the reason was behind my knees hurting when I take a slow 3 mile run? When I run fast I don't hurt the day after at all. It's like my tendons around my knees are killing me.

2. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

3. RollinDollos

RollinDollos Guest

You have bad type I skeletal fibers.

4. macro

macro New Member

stride and strike issues. likely you are hitting heavier and/or rolling heel toe less. Different shoes may also be needed, particularly if you cannot adjust stride and strike.

5. RollinDollos

RollinDollos Guest

The majority of people run and even walk with their feet pointed outwards or pigeon toed without even noticing and in the long run this causes problems for the ligaments and joints, this is why atheletes get torn ACLs and basketball players get jumpers knee. Their cuts and/or landing that is already stressful to the joint gets an even more awkward effect when they have bad foot placement.

Notice how you run and try and keep your feet as straight as possible for every stride. If you can't help it and your feet always point outwards then you have super tight hips and you need to stretch them and over time they will correct themselves straight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.