Knee pain

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by bolo1313, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bolo1313

bolo1313 Life down here is just a strange illusion OT Supporter

i'm almost 30 and have knee pain, but only when i bend. it starts at about 45 degrees, goes away when my ass is parallel to the floor, and comes back again when push up. i'm sure it's from the 5 days/week basketball i used to play for a good 5 years. haven't been playing much the last 1.5 years but i definitely feel the effects.

my question is, is there something i can take that'll improve it longterm? also, what's a good alternative to squats? i've got a high pain tolerance but i've had enough of trying to do a squat and always thinking my knees are gonna give out.

it's just the front of my knees.

2. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

3. JoeyCrack

JoeyCrack Active Member

I'm sure I'll be shunned for this but have you tried not going as deep in the squat? I had problems with a knee and have found that I'm unable to go as deep for a number of reasons but have had good success in the alternative

4. bolo1313

bolo1313 Life down here is just a strange illusion OT Supporter

a quarter squat? how much could that really do? seriously, as soon as my thighs are at 45 degrees to the floor, the pain hits.

thanks for the links ceaze. i tried doing some single leg exercises yesterday, but man, that shit is still painful. i hope it's just the initial phase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.