Knee Pain!

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by illmatix, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illmatix

illmatix Diamond Studded Member OT Supporter

I've been doing alot of heavy squats and lunges lately and as time has been going on, my knees have been getting pretty painful, as has my groin area (where my leg meets my hip). I was wondering if any of you had any tips on how to relieve the pain and/or prevent serious injury. I'm not doing any real stretch routine, and so far have only been doing a light set to warm myself up. At night I've been using Tiger Liniment on the painful areas and it helps relieve the pain short-term, but the next day the pain is back. Should I wear something on my knees or do you guys know of any kind of a hard-core topical applicant I can apply that will burn the pain away?

2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

For the groin area, are you talking about outter in inner hip area. If its pretty much parellel to the pubic area and on the inside of the leg its sounds like maybe a hip flexor problem. It would be kinda hard for me to explain a hip flexor stretch

http://www.myfit.ca/exercisedatabase/view.asp?table=stretches&ID=4
    http://www.drbackman.com/psoas-muscle-stretch.htm

do both of these, they always work well for me.

NEVER EVER EVER EVER put a topical cream in the groin area. It will end up on your balls and you will be miserable.

As for the knees... I've always had knee problems and I usually just work through it. If it gets bad, I'll take a week off or go light. Maybe try some knee wraps for extra support on your knees

ice and Ibuprofen are your friends

3. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

:bowdown: no tru-er words have been spoken

I once let my woman put some on my groin after I hurt myself and the rear of her hand brushed up against my jewles..I wasen't impressed...it hurt likea mother fucker, and you can't wipe it off

4. illmatix

illmatix Diamond Studded Member OT Supporter

:mamoru: I already gave myself the ball blaze last night. It's fun trying to sleep while your nutsack feels like it's soaking in acetone.

And yes, I think you described it perfectly... my hip flexor. That first link you posted was exactly the stretch I improvised yesterday after my lifts. I went to the doctor about it and he took my leg and bent it up and out and it popped louder than hell. :eek3:

Maybe I'll go grab some kneewraps too. Thanks, man. :big grin:

5. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

that hip flexor pop is one of the best feelings EVAR

I edited my last post - pop some ibuprofen and ice if you get more pain than normal on a heavy day

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.