Knee pain & Groin/Inner Quad Pain

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by dengar, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dengar

dengar seans is a afta marchsollwe in his gir! OT Supporter

I have no idea what happened, but out of nowhere my knee is absolutely killing me.

I didn't do any leg work yesterday, but walked at an incline for 13 minutes without any problems or pain. When I got home the inside of my leg knee just started killing me. There is also an accompanying pain on the same leg in my groin area.

Before I went to bed I thought it might have been an IT band issue, so I foam rolled the IT band, quad, and hamstring. I went to bed and just woke up from the pain.

I didn't have any moment where it popped or buckled. I have full range of motion without any clicking, etc in the knee. I can walk and putting weight on it doesn't make it better or worse. There is just steady pain coming from it. There is no swelling to the knee and there isn't any tenderness at all.

I'm going to have to go see a doctor, but do these symptoms sound like anything anyone has experienced before?

2. Sylva

Sylva New Member

Bump for my homie.

Pur, BDR, Ceaze, Neo?

3. Memor

Memor Active Member

I get that on and off, but on the outside of my knee. For me I've boiled it down to basically having ultra-tight IT band and hip flexors. Trying to stretch them slowly little by little, and it seems to be helping. Putting on Blue Heat / Toast / other liniment pre-workout helps too.

4. dengar

What is the best way to stretch out the hip flexors?

The craziest part about this whole thing was that after I typed this up I popped two asprins and tried to go back to sleep. I finally fell asleep and when I woke up it was like nothing ever happened.

5. Request.

Request. OT Supporter

It may be spinal. I don't know your situation or what you did just prior to, but it's a definate possibilty.

What did you do if it wasn't work legs?

6. dengar

Bis/Tris

I walked on a treadmill at the end of my workout. I do land with the outside of my foot first and then roll in (I don't know the term over/underpronate). That may have had something to do with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.