Knee is acting funny, questions inside(runners may have more insight)...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by 1.8t, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1.8t

1.8t Member

So anyways, I have been back into my cardio now for 2 full weeks. This Monday made the start of week 3. My cardio consists of 2~3 miles 5 days a week running wise. Anyways, yesterday I went for a nice little 2 miler. I was REALLY feeling good and cranked it out in 13:31, which is good for the weight I am running at right now. After I was done I still felt good and it was only 4pm. So I decided I would go for another 2 miler later on that evening. I noticed once I was done that my right knee was acting funny. It kinda hurt in the joint, but I had felt this before, so I figured it was just my body adjusting to either the running routine again or possibly the speed. Anyways, I go for another run around 9pm and just ran a 14:07 for 2 on that one...I wasn't out to break any records. However, once I got back and was stationary for a while, I noticed my knee felt very stiff. The joint feels like it has pressure in it. When I bend it all the way, I feel a decent amount of pressure and if I try to push from ass to grass to half way, I get some pretty uncomfortable pain. There was NO way I could do squats/lunges/leg press today b/c of this. There is no inflamation on the exterior of my knee, everything feels internal. The only standout features are the pain and the pressure. Anyone have any idea as to what may be causing this. I guess if it stays for a few more days I will hit up the doc, but I didn't know if this was the infamous "runners knee" or something more or less serious. Any help appreciated.

2. ideeosinkruhcee

ideeosinkruhcee With time and tons of food, I'll someday upgrade t

i credit the varying climate to my knees feeling strange the past week. work through it.

3. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

It almost sounds like chondromalacia of the patella. That's what I have and you are describing the same symptoms that I had and still have even after therapy. Next step is surgery if physical therapy doesn't help in 4 more weeks. :(

4. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

too much too soon

5. tetaplum

tetaplum OT Supporter

thats a lot of running in one day....when i used to run hardcore i would run 3 times a week: start with a easy run on monday, tuesday id take off, wed alittle more difficult of a run, thursday would be another off day, then finish the week with the hardest run yet that way you have 2 solid days to recover before you start up again

6. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

Yeah, he didn't give that much info other than a lot of running. Mine came on in a 5 month period. The only thing that I don't have is an imbalance in the quads. They said my quads are fine. My issue is the tracking and that my knee cap sits up and out a little. Yeah, and my pain is under the knee cap. It can be under, below, or to the side of it.

7. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Too much, too soon. Ice it if it's still within 48 hours; use heat if it's past that. Stretch, take some aleve, and reduce your running mileage for a bit.

And don't do stuff like 2 a days until you've put in a bunch more time back into it :slap: silly.

8. H0|y 5h17

H0|y 5h17 l3 L 0 W N

You probably ran too hard at first. You need to gradually work up to the goal that you want to achieve. Add a little each day. Just take a few days break and ice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.