Klipsch Promedias?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Kerpal, Jan 12, 2002.

1. Kerpal

Kerpal handlobraes

I want to get a set of the Klipsch Promedia 4.1's... but I have heard something about making a "Promedia 4.2" by combining two 2.1 sets... are there any advantages of using 2 2.1's instead of one 4.1? The 4.1 would be easier toi deal with as far as hooking everything up, controlling the system, and finding a place for the sub... but will two 2.1's sound any better?

Also, how would I go about connecting the Promedias to a home CD changer for the best sound quality?

2. Kerpal

Kerpal handlobraes

Yeah, but the sub from the 4.1 set has two 6.5" drivers & the 2.1 only has one...

3. ImBad

ImBad blah blah

The biggest difference between the 4.1 and the 4.2 is the two separate subs, which often makes it a little more difficult to setup (location of each sub) but also more flexible.

In terms of sound, there isn't a large difference. The only real difference you will notice is at very high levels. There will be a little less output from the satellites, and a little more from the subs in the 4.2 setup.

4. Kerpal

Kerpal handlobraes

Thanks for the advice guys... :bigthumb:

I think I'mma go with a 4.1 cuz it doesn't seem worth all the hassle of setting up two 2.1's just to have slightly better bass....

5. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

the 4.2's cost $50 -100 (minus shipping) more as well I think... they were on special awhile back when Klipsch had sold out of the newer version of the 4.1's so they had them at the same price as the 4.1's for awhile (thats why the whole 4.2 thing came around btw) ... but for those prices you'd be better off buying a 5.1 setup instead ... which is another 100 watts (slightly larger drivers + the added 5th channel... sub goes up 40 watts to 200 and the 5th adds another 60 watts to the already nice 240watts for the satellites)