Klasse AIO by hand?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Ballast, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Ballast

Ballast Cold Heartless Bastard

Damn you Scott!!! You've made me think about using Zaino :(

The Grand Prix club in my area uses Zaino almost exclusively. I made the offer to someone that if we wanted we could try AIO as a base for Zaino (because of you). I'd provide the AIO if they provided the Zaino.

Well, now we are looking at doing a group detail day in the spring, at the giant parking lot of a new car wash. My question is: can AIO be done by hand? Because we won't have a power outlet for my PC.

2. Unknown User

Unknown User New Member

I personally think AIO is fine by hand.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Agreed. First several times I used it was by hand.

BTW, several Zaino users on autopia have said that using AIO as a base for Zaino gives it much better depth. Honestly though, if you have Poorboy's EX-P, you aren't going to see much difference using Zaino, other than Zaino is more durable.

On my own car, I'm sticking with carnaubas. I've tried 1Z Glanz Wax, AIO+UPP and EX-P and I keep going back to carnauba products. I like the deep liquid shimmer vs the wet glassy look on black. In fact, I just went over UPP x 3 with Vanilla Moose, Yellow Wax (a new pure glaze I got from Clearkote to test-very wet looking product) and Carnauba Moose. Even my customers have asked what I did this last time. Just an amazing liquid depth.

4. Ballast

Ballast Cold Heartless Bastard

i will probably end up using either my ex-p or my ex with carnuba....
    but i'll get the guys to try AIO instead of dawn washings :sudder:

5. White95Max

White95Max Guest

I find AIO much easier to use by PC, though it is OK to use by hand. It doesn't like to go on smooth and thin for me when I apply it by hand.