SRS Kinda of stuck...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by FadeToBright, Oct 16, 2008.

1. FadeToBright

FadeToBright FadetoFfuu

I've been with my girlfriend for ~5 months.

I'll be 22 next month, and she just turned 18 in September.

She's an awesome girl, don't get me wrong. But I'm a little frustrated.
    I work 40+ hours a week, attend college full time & studying for certifications on the side. As well as trying to spend as much time with my 8 month old nephew. (I'm his only aunt, my brother-in-law is an only child.)
    Now my girlfriend works ~20ish hours a week, getting her G.E.D., & that's it.

She complains I don't talk to her enough. Although she spends 4-6 nights out of the week with me, as well as talk through IM/Text constantly throughout the day.

When I tell her I have things to do, or I want some time alone, (Since the only "day off" I have is Sunday, I have class at 9am on Saturday's) she gets all huffy with me.

It just doesn't seem like anything I do is good enough. I'm busting my ass in school/work/etc. and she gets to sit at home most of the day. Also, she doesn't drive and live about ~25 minutes from me. So I do all the driving, and pay for the majority of things because she only works a few hours at a Dunkin Donuts. She then has the audacity to complain that she is tired & wonders why I'm "so tired all the time." :hsughno:

Example, I told her I'd try to talk to her tonight (in depth conversation about our relationship) & this is the response I get.

(4:51:45 PM) C: Okay really talk to me when you get out of work or have time

What do I do? :hs:

2. kiri

kiri New Member

there is an ENORMOUS maturity difference between age 18 and age 22. it's really not her fault, she just can't understand the type of responsibilities that people have and the fact that spending time apart DOESN'T mean that you don't like her anymore or anything. try explaining that to her if you can... but good luck lol

3. Two toys

Two toys New Member

yay for lesbians, but yeah, 18 year old girls are shitsville, you cant really expect much more.

4. FadeToBright

FadeToBright FadetoFfuu

Tried to explain but she doesn't get it.

& yes 22 and 18 is a huge gap, considering we're both women.

:hs: I'm not sure what to do anymore.

5. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

She won't understand what its like until she's juggling adult responsibilities like you are. It sucks, but maybe the two of you aren't in the best places for a compatible relationship right now. It's not like you can magically minimize the load you're under to satisfy her.

6. Beezure

Beezure Go Lightning!! OT Supporter

:eek3::eek3::eek3:

Age is playing a huge part in this, you seem much more motivated in life then she is, also you seem just very busy, maybe find somebody that is less needy?

7. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Sure you do, you know that you need to end it. You obviously aren't happy with her so why do you continue to stay with her? You didn't have a single reason in your post about why you would want to keep this going, the only good thing you even said about her is that she's an awesome girl. You'll meet plenty of other awesome girls in your life and you'll find one who is a lot more mature and who would make a good girlfriend.

8. FadeToBright

FadeToBright FadetoFfuu

I'm a million times more motivated & extremely busy. I can never find girls who are like me. :dunno:

Anywho, I fell asleep around 6pm. She called me 10, yes 10 times. She knew I was sleeping yet she wanted to talk to me. Luckily my phone was on vibrate so I wasn't woken up.
    So I called her when I got up; and we talked a little. Now she knows I have this certification exam, (for anyone who has taken a Microsoft exam knows how time consuming they can be & expensive @ $125 a pop.) so she asks "I know you're going to say no...but..." and I responded "Just ask me..." She wanted to hang out. I was like :eek4:, are you kidding me?
    I told her I needed to study more tomorrow, and that I had told her repeatly that Friday night I would not see her. (Mind you today is the first day I haven't seen her since last Wednesday.) She then, began to get all huffy and upset, and said "Why didn't you study TONIGHT?" :doh:
    (I study everyday, mind you.)

Gah. :run:

9. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Tell her you need space until you're finished with your exam? It will give you time to focus on that, and her time to develop a little bit outside of your relationship.

10. FadeToBright

FadeToBright FadetoFfuu

:rofl:

She called me 10 times while I saw sleeping. :wtf:

Gah, I've tried to break up with her, but she always sucks me back in. :hs:

11. kiri

kiri New Member

don't let her :dunno:

direct the motivation that you have in all other aspects of your life towards this situation. if you want to break up with her, then do it. sure it might be hard (and you might have to change your phone number :mamoru:) but it will be worth it in the long run for your life goals.

12. FadeToBright

FadeToBright FadetoFfuu

Sound advice. Thanks.

We had a longggggg talk last night. She said she's going to try harder to understand my situation...

but I have a feeling within a week she'll be back to normal. If so, she gets the boot. :noes: