kinda new to the import scene

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by idontgiveashit, Nov 1, 2005.

1. idontgiveashit

idontgiveashit I eat rice

im mainly a domestic guy...but this time i wanted a more reliable car so i finally did something i said id never do and bought and import, i got an 03 g35 sedan. But i live where it isnt exactly rwd car weather year round. So i bought my friends 95 talon n/a 4cy 5spd which was wrecked, welded a new front froma donor onto it and am going to be driving that when cold weather hits. Ill be blunt i dont know shit about imports it has the 2.0 in it. What can be done for under say 1000 for it for the best performance out of it while retaining good mileage?

2. TacoOverlord

TacoOverlord OT Supporter

Not sure Talon and reliable belong in the same page, much less sentance. heh, best of luck though. The G35 should treat you nicely.

3. galek_spoo

galek_spoo New Member

dry nitrous kit for under 1G.

4. red97gst

red97gst New Member

yeah that car comes with the DOHC 2.0l motor from the dodge neon, so most mods that work on the neon willl work on that engine. It's actually not that unreliable since it is just a normally aspirated, 140hp 4 cylinder.

your best bet is to look at the non-turbo sections of DSM forums liek DSMtalk.com and DSMtuners.com, as well as dodge neon forums

Yeah a nitrous kit is probably your best bet, otherwise find out about which bolt-ons make the most power. probably something typical, like cold air intake, cams, exhaust

but that shits gonna make the car louder, and people will think youre just a ricer. cuz even with $1000 in mods you'd be lucky to break into the lower 15s

5. idontgiveashit

well, i had a cougar, it was always fuckin up everything, my mustang, transmission, motor, fuel pump, starter solenoid, and numerous small things, s/c buick rivieira- tranny water pump rear main seal started misfiring and thats when i bought the G.

6. DrK_Mrk_iV

DrK_Mrk_iV OT Supporter

Seriously, you can't do anything to that N/A talon. Sell it and get a first gen eclipse awd turbo. It will be roughly the same price you can get for that N/A. You can run 12's for under a grand with the Awd talon.

7. fusion210

fusion210 New Member

8. idontgiveashit

you sure are a cocky fuck. Actually i change my oil religiously 2-3k on mobil 1 full syn with wix filters.

9. idontgiveashit

and thats all it was gona be was a daily relliable car...hopefully. I just wanted to know some little things to make it more bearable.

10. hayguyz

hayguyz New Member

import 'scene' lol