GUN Kimber KPD .40

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by halflife78, Apr 25, 2008.

1. halflife78

halflife78 OT Supporter

Anyone have any opinions/advice/hate toward this gun? I have had a Bersa .380 as my only gun for many years and we are in the process of building a house so I plan on buying 2 more guns when I get moved in so I have been looking around at something to buy.

Don't have the search function so I apologize if this is the 100th repost.:o

2. AB13

AB13 New Member

the KPD has been out since about 05-06' and is still not very well accepted. I think for that price point you would be better served with a more reputable gun from the already established "tupperware" guns that have been more widely accepted and proven.

Glock
    M&P
    XD

You'll get a better resale and better variety of aftermarket parts and holsters. That said, I have no experience with the KPD at all, and it could be a fine pistol.

IB"entercrew"/thread

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

reminds me of the S&W M&P lineup.

Personally, I think Glock is the benchmark. Other companies have tried (and failed) to compete with them at their pricepoint, until recently. Springfield decided to purchase an existing design out of croatia; despite it's problems, it's the closest competition anyone can offer against glock. Even so, I don't think it offers anything other than an alternative for people that don't want a glock.

I have not held or shot a KPD, but I personally do not see anything about it to distinguish it against the established players.

4. minus

minus Damn you, Damn the Broccoli, and Damn the Wright B

Steyr or glock /thread