Killswitch Engage, Unearth, Trivium, As I lay Dying, Shadows Fall, God Forbid

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by ls1norcal, Jun 9, 2005.

1. ls1norcal

ls1norcal New Member

all the same band really.

discuss

2. Ruination

Ruination New Member

3. planb

planb itches in my teeth

no shit. and thats only the beginning of the list.

4. disblohs

disblohs I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a

only the same band if you have no concept of music

5. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

not really. shadows fall evolved a lot. they're more similar to all that remains. which is ironic, because they used to have the same singer.

god forbid is more of a dillinger/candira offtime feel thing.

as i lay dying is more hardcore influecnced.

unearth is more old school metal influenced

trivium is more old school speed metal with black metal influenced

& killswitch is just straight up newage metal. most similar to shadows fall, of the bunch. except with a lot less technical guitar work. or maybe just less tremlo picking.

6. Ruination

Ruination New Member

Quoted for truth

7. ls1norcal

ls1norcal New Member

whatever KSE fanboy. if you had ANY "concept of music", you'd realize that all those fucking bands sound the same. i bet you thought all the bands on the battle for ozzfest were awesome too, right?

not to mention all the mentioned bands are a piss poor ripoffs of in flames.

the exception in that list goes to shadows fall. they have a semi-original style. but since the lead singer is a PETA lover, they suck.

btw, i like killswitch, but im really getting sick of all these bands that sound JUST like everyone else.

another band to add to the list: Atreyu

8. disblohs

oh noes!!11 i like the band so i have to be a fanboy!!!

plain and simple, you're an idiot. the fact that you can't grasp the inherent differences in these bands shows that you a) know nothing about music or b) don't know anything about the genre. i'm sure there are bands that i liked on ozzfest. i don't know the actual lineup and i don't feel like looking it up, so i'll leave it at that.

ripoff of inflames? incredible. go listen to inflames and then listen to KSE, Trivium, etc. and come back and tell me they all ripped off inflames. Other than the fact that they're all metal, they don't sound alike at all.

good point. a band definitely does suck because the singer is a PETA lover. now you've gone and thrown all of your credibility out the window. music isn't good...let me get this right....BECAUSE THEIR SINGER LOVES PETA!?! that definitely has a huge impact on the direction of their music, i'm sure.

good try though

9. p00f

p00f New Member

:mamoru::mamoru: :Owned:

10. CancerSells2

CancerSells2 New Member

I dislike all of those bands immensely, but they don't all sound the same.

11. MattyCakes

MattyCakes Guest

Only a musician can tell the difference. You are obviously not one.

You never heard the original two Killswitch albums either. Shadows Fall was never good.

The new KSE blows.

12. disblohs

:bowdown: even though you don't like them, you're willing to admit they don't all sound the same. thank you very much sir. most people will say anything they can about a band they don't like.

13. omgwtfbbqryan

omgwtfbbqryan OT Supporter

14. fatlip

fatlip Transcendence Into The Peripheral

Agreed! I hate the torrent of semi-popular, godawful metalcore bands that seems to be neverending at the moment. But most of the aforementioned bands have blatantly differenct influences and sounds, therefore the thread poster is a tool. It still doesn't stop them from sucking though.

:wtf:

Anybody with a brain and a set of ears can tell the difference.

15. JustSurvive

JustSurvive New Member

Thanks for confirming your idiocy.

16. CancerSells2

CancerSells2 New Member

With regards to the two first sentances, you're an idiot. Anyone with a decent pair of ears is able to notice the differences between all of those bands.

And judging that they haven't heard the new Killswitch is just rediculous, sure there new stuff is more mainstreamed but their older albums with their prior vocalist was also streamed, through the radio and some video stations (I saw their older stuff on MuchMusic before it was Fuse). Honestly, they didn't change TOO much from then, a different vocalist and a little more melody, since this guy has a much better set of pipes than the last.

But I must say, perfect example of sounds changing for the worse in that genre, or used to be maybe at one point; I am not completely sure; is UnderOath. I admit, UnderOath's first three releases/demos were commendable, I still listen to them from time to time. But now their style has just transformed into a much more poppy and unlistenable piece of garbage. I honestly hope they return to their roots... but they won't. Much more money in their new, and far worse, sound.

17. Jamien

Jamien Sabotage. Overthrow. Disobey and Demolish.

:werd:

Anyone who has listened to all of those bands notice, that there are differences

18. sphinx

sphinx New Member

BAAAAAAAfuckinZZIIINNNGGGG!!!!!

Nice!

19. ls1norcal

ls1norcal New Member

sorry for assuming. Only two groups of people that I know of use stupid fucking phrases like "YOU HAVE NO CONCEPT OF MUSIC!$%!!!!"

1. Obsessive tool/nin fans
    2. nu-metal fan boys who get pissed off when the incredible similarities (ripoffs) are pointed out to the sweedish bands who originated the style. Arch Enemy, In Flames, At The Gates, Dark Tranquility, The Haunted, Soilwork.

oh, and then think because they have a piece of shit Ibanez, and a 50 dollar amp and can play a few riffs from the new Unearth album, they have the nerve to call themselves musicians. shut the fuck up and realize that becuase you read a tabalature book, you are NOT a musician.

on a sidenote, all the mentioned bands will disapear in less than 5 years because they realize they have nothing else to do. they will say they broke up because they couldnt get along, which will be halfway true since the band realizes they cant write anything different.

20. ls1norcal

ls1norcal New Member

It is effecting the direction of their music. sorry to break your heart.

http://roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=37765

21. JustSurvive

JustSurvive New Member

22. ls1norcal

ls1norcal New Member

when bands start spewing their fucking personal belief system to their fans, it effects the music. at least imo.

i really dont feel like going to a show and hearing the lead singer blabber about how eating meat and killing animals isnt cool

23. JustSurvive

JustSurvive New Member

I've seen Remembering Never, who are also PETA supporters, and they didn't mention it once.

24. disblohs

you know, that's odd because i only know of one group of people that make stupid fucking comparisons like "Killswitch Engage, Unearth, Trivium, As I lay Dying, Shadows Fall, God Forbid are all the same band. discuss"

1. fucking idiots who have no concept of music and like to believe that everything in one mass genre is the exact same

really odd how that works isn't it? let's move onto your next dumbass assumption that has no validity.

i'm a nu-metal fanboy. amazing. i point out the fact that you're an idiot and can't tell the difference between 6 bands and i have an AV of killswitch engage and all the sudden i'm a nu-metal fanboy. just because i like metal doesn't make me a fanboy, nor does it mean that metal is the only thing i listen to. get your head out of your ass you self righteous prick.

oh wait, here's another shithead assumption.

apparently i'm a guitar player these days. that's really news to me. last time i heard, i was a drummer and had been playing for somewhere around 10 years. good for you though that you can make an attempt to be humorous by pulling things out of your ass. however, i'm sure you are quite the music connoisseur and have a lot of room to talk shit.

oh no! not another assumption!!!!

shadows fall has been around for 5 years, unearth 4 years, god forbid 4 years, trivium 3 years, killswitch engage 5 years, as i lay dying 2 years. granted, this isn't a long ass time for any of the bands, but "nu-metal" or metalcore didn't become extremely popular until last year or so. seems like they haven't had any problems coming up with new material so far. but i guess it is easier to make baseless claims than to really think something through before you post.

it's great that you came in here thinking everyone would agree with you, but it backfired. stop trying to reinforce your "point" that has no backing.

25. ls1norcal

ls1norcal New Member

*sigh* i give up

Nu metal rules!