GUN Killing thread

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by phrozenlikwid, Oct 15, 2009.

1. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Not hunting, as that shit is gay. I'm talking about stomping around outside with nothing but malice in your heart, and a rifle to back it up.

It's getting cold out, and seasons are opening up left and right. Easily the best time of the year. Who plans on hunting what, with what, and where? Lettuce talk bullets, binos and how much 30" 15lb rifles and SMK's suck.

Also, I would like to take this time to publicly call out MG for being a huge vagina. Mother fucker lives in a state where free land is easy to come by, and has a surplus of shit to poke, yet apparently uses none of it. Look at this shit:

http://wdfw.wa.gov/wlm/game/seasons.htm#bear

I haven't even heard of half the stuff on there: Mountain Beaver, Voles, Chukar, Coots, Brants...... But I do damn well know I'd like to put a bullet in a couple examples of each and have that shit proudly hanging on my wall. Even has Bear and the holiest deer of all, the Blacktail Sitka. Lets not even get into the feeshing...... (Though it would be a good time for AB to drop us some pixels of some nasty chromers).

Talk to me.... I want to see/hear about some bloodshed.

2. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I have a vole story.

I found one in the house one day and set it in a bucket near the car until it could be dispatched. The UPS lady comes up to bring me toys and asks whats in the bucket. I told her that it was a vole. She marveled that such a tiny thing could make such big lumps in the yard. :rofl:

3. :bowrofl:

4. Where's all this free land you speak of?

Really, I've never been that interested in hunting. My buddy that's at Gitmo was supposed to be my upland bird hunting partner this year before he got sent off. I suppose there's always next year.

5. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

They are like a mole, correct? My old neighbor used to sit in his yard with a 30'06 and a cooler full of RC Cola when I was little. Would sit there all evening when he got home from work, waiting till a mole would pop up and he could tag it. Fucking awesome guy, he was.

Meh, in all honesty deer hunting is not at all my favorite pursuit. Not enough shooting involved, and most farms are broken up which makes it hard to have a big enough plot to do a sneak and peak kinda thing. Lotta stand hunting, and that shit bores the hell out of me. I still do it every year though, as it's another chance to R&D gear and bullets.

Where is your cabin? I thought it backed up to some national park or whatnot? I assume all that range in the background isn't "owned" by anyone or commercialized?

6. I thought you meant free land like land that I could make mine for free. lol The cabin is up a couple of miles past Glacier, WA. It does back right up to the national forest. We do shoot a lot out there. I'd be down for varminting on a ranch or something where you have a reasonable expectation of doing a lot of shooting.

7. Keesh

Keesh New Member

cougar and blackbear tags are about $10 and last all year. I didn't see any this year but hopefully next year I'll get a kitty.

Rabbit season opens soon, I'm very excited for that.

8. Speaking of animals... I really want a pet Lynx. That would be so fucking cool.

[​IMG]

9. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

Sometimes I am tempted to get an air rifle and thin out the tree rats in my yard. Faggot ass neighbors would probably call the cops on me though.

10. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

deer, duck, pheasant

still need to try bigger game 1 of these days, maybe in a few years i'll find a way to go to montana or something to shoot something bigger :)

Plenty of huge plots of land in Iowa and now in kansas for deer hunting, i agree that hunting from a stand is boring as fuck and i don't care that it's easier it sort of defeats the purpose if it isn't fun.

11. JRucker2004

JRucker2004 New Member

You've never heard of chukar?
    Oh, man! They're one of the tasiest birds you can kill!
    and so this thread isn't too lame:
    [​IMG]

12. AB13

AB13 New Member

nga I sheds blood

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Think mouse, lady thought like you did that this tiny little mouse thing was burrowing huge caverns in the yard :big grin:

14. Crossett

Crossett New Member

your SBR makes me happy in the pants :)

15. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Fuuuuuuu.

If/when I get up your way, I will buy your gas and bring treats if you teach me how to make salmon scream. I sooooooo want in on that action.

I love KY, but the PNW/SE AK seems to be more my style. I want variety, and big bag limits.

16. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

I have Monday/Tuesday off next week for "fall break". I'm seriously considering driving out to the boonies and camping all weekend with just me and a rifle or three and seeing what I can scare up.

17. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

You need a Bobcat. I think I seen one the other day leaving my driveway... but couldn't get a positive ID as it was already running for safety by the time I caught it.

Might have to do some "exploring". I've never had a bobcat burger before.....

18. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

We're three weeks into bow season right now. I've already put a stalk on three or four bucks, but it hasn't panned out quite yet... I've got a short shaky vid of one of them I need to transfer to my computer.

Shot an armadillo with a rubber blunt tip last weekend....had to chase it down to get my arrow back before it hit the brush.

19. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

my school's mascot :wavey:

20. Keesh

Keesh New Member

One of my grandpa's pigs:
    [​IMG]

The head of a steelhead I caught this summer:
    [​IMG]

21. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

22. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

23. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

I've shot full grown does with a three blade mechanical, had an exit wound like a 30-06 and a blood trail about a foot wide.

24. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

There's not a single person in this thread who won't like this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGtxU6z4k4

:bowdown: Someone turned on a faucet.

25. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Christ.... that was insane. I don't know what was wilder, the sheer amount of blood pouring out, or how long the animal was able to stand there. That had to be a large percentage of total blood laying there on the ground by the end of it all.