GUN Kids at Gun Shows

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mephistopholes, Feb 17, 2008.

1. mephistopholes

mephistopholes New Member

Went to the show today looking for FAL parts. Only ones found were a fake SAW stock set sticking out of a cardboard box full of trash (not low quality parts, but actual trash). It appears the FAL party is over:wtc:.

While looking around for something of value (the $150 "handmade" battle ax was especially lovely), I found myself surrounded by strollers, some the size of oldsmobiles, plowing through the lanes. You couldn't get away from them. Added to that were toddlers running about, one of whom was trying to yank a tablecloth covered in guns off a table. Some of these folks had two or three of them in tow.

Why the hell do people bring babies to gun shows? I can understand fairly hip grade school kids hanging out with dad on a Saturday, but damn.

They did announce over the PA that a Glock 34 had been stolen and to be on the lookaout. Probably rode out in a stroller. At least the kid chose a good weapon:noes:.

2. lt1aggie

lt1aggie what?

It's really more about why the hell parents don't act as parents and discipline their children.

3. lt1aggie

lt1aggie what?

I don't see any problem taking a child to a gun show if it behaves itself.

4. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

I hate the fucking strollers. :madfawk:

5. cjj92yj

cjj92yj Guest

I don't take my kids to the fun shows strictly for the fact that I'd be spending so much time keeping them out of trouble, it would be of no use. I'd never get to really see and look at all I wanted to. I leave them home. Besides, it's a good excuse to have a day out with the boys.

6. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

If I ever ran around or made a commotion at the gunshow when I went with my dad, my dad would beat my ass afterwords

7. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

afterwords??? i would have been beaten right there, if i acted up anywhere when i was a childunit.

8. sneakyjesus

sneakyjesus New Member

I noticed this same thing last gun show. That shit was so frustrating... Although, on average, the attendence of the shows in my area have gone up, probably election jitters.

Also, someone dropped a loose bag of .45, set off like 3. We thought someone had a ND. Noone was hurt, but it got the juices flowing for a minute.

9. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

New word this week: childunit.

10. CKMustangCobra

CKMustangCobra New Member

I don't see the issue with kids that behave.....

but under 4 year olds are tough to retain control of.

Strollers help keep them away from pulling stuff over on the table though. Our gun shows have pretty narrow isles.... but they are do-able.

11. one66stang

one66stang Haters.com

i take mine to gun shows all the time. Hands in your pocket and stay close. They are 8 and 4.

12. Sailor Jerry

Sailor Jerry OT Supporter

My dad took me to gun shows all the time when I was a kid, but I never yanked on tablecloths or stole Glocks.

13. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Why do they bring them to home shows or car shows? My theory is that you just can't leave them at all home all the time but I'm lucky enough to not have any ;)

14. kill_turu_kill

kill_turu_kill Turu the Terrible OT Supporter

My 10 year old son looks forward to them, and he knows not to touch without permission.

Can't say that is the case with all children I see there, unfortunately.

15. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

at the last show I was at kids weren't a concern. My problem was people standing right next to a table shooting the shit with each other. They weren't even looking at guns. They were just fucking standing there conversing with each other. They were not talking to somebody behind the table either.

16. smartypants

smartypants New Member

wtf?:eek3:

17. chakup

chakup Guest

didn't read many of the replies but- I love taking my girls to the gunshow, and they have a great time. I also see strollers around as a plus- more families sharing in this sport is good for us. Yes if the parent is being inconsiderate that's an issue- a stroller there means (usually) a mom, hopefully hot, and a kid being raised knowing guns aren't evil

18. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

i dont see a problem.

i acutally think theres no better person to educate children on gun safety than parents who are actually gun owners

19. lt1aggie

lt1aggie what?

fixed

20. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

ya yer right...... but the fact that they are educating the kids on gun safety (if they are) demonstrates some responsibility (or at least teaching them how to load/unload guns/ check to see if its loaded)

21. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

I saw something awesome at a gun show once. A father and his daughter were walking around looking at .22 rifles. The little girl was probably 9-10 years old. The father had shown her some of the little Cricket .22 rifles that you see all over the shows. The girl found a black poly-stocked one that she liked. When she held it up, her finger was out of the trigger guard, and she took aim at the ceiling corner. I was very impressed with her firearm safety. The father ended up getting her the rifle, they were walking out of the show with it later. The girl looked like it was the happiest day of her life.