kidney stones?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by KingGargantuan, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

any of you high protein diet bitches ever get kidney stones?

2. xSteveO

xSteveO Guest

always my biggest fear :noes:

3. vudoodoodoo

vudoodoodoo New Member

4. Bacchus

Bacchus Skinny Guy

I had kidney stones a few years ago, the doctors don't know what it was caused by, as there are so many factors that play a part.

I had kidney disease when i was 16, and was in the hospital for a few weeks - so it could have been buildup form them. hand'nt had any problems since.

however, here are some recommendations for prevention...

-Drink LOTS of water.

-Reduce foods with Oxalate (Stones are made of calcium oxalate...and you
    don't want to reduce the calcium in your diet), such as Spinach Kale, Bok Choi, Coffee, Green beets, parseley. you can google a whole list, but those are the big players. Stones are actually more common in asia because of the high consumption of bok choi, one of the biggest holders of oxalate

-stay away from colas, diet or not

5. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

so when you had the kidney stone, how did the pain present itself?

saturday night, i went in to the ER because wife sent me. i didnt have pain but i had cola-colored urine all day and night saturday. (lotta blood in there)

they did a ct scan and said "you have a kidney stone on your right side, that's where the blood is coming from, go home" basically.

i took the ct scan to doc, he says "there's something else going on, there's a growth on your left side."

meanwhile, no pain until monday night. my left side, above my hip on the outside, was tender to touch. i push my finger in there and it felt like a sore muscle. middle of night i wake up feeling like my insides are on fire. worst pain ever, starting on left side and radiating to lower abdomen, behind and under abs and stomach. vicodin helped with that.

no pain again until last night, same kind of pain but i felt it in my side first and took vicodin. pain hit me about 5 minutes later and lasted @ 5 minutes then i was able to move and breath again and go about my business. i dont know if it was a "wave of pain" or if it was the vicodin that fixed it. i didnt feel loopy or wacky or drunk or anything from the vicodin that told me it was actually working, other than the pain was gone.

there's been no more blood in my urine since sunday morning.

6. Bacchus

Bacchus Skinny Guy

yep, sounds exactly like a kidney stone.

pain usually comes in waves of intensity. however, the most painful part is when it passes through the ureter.

I don't remmeber the three weeks of my stone. I was high on percs the whole time, and used weed to intensify the opiate. it's the 1-2 punch of pain killers, but also results in many lost braincells.

I'm not sure what's going with the growth though...are you having any follow ups to that? Maybe if theres a cysts or another type of growth down there, the stone is irritating it?

Once the stone passes through the ureter and gets to your bladder, it's pretty smooth sailing (as long as the stone is less then 4mm, you'll piss it out easily). However, it will likely hurt coming out of your uretha if its any bigger then that

7. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

yea i'm seeing someone for the other thing. how long did the pain last? a few minutes for mine but like, how many days of that before you passed it?

8. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

make sure you're getting enough fiber too.

9. Bacchus

Bacchus Skinny Guy

took me about two weeks.

it can pass in a few days, or it can take months. If it's too big, it will block your ureter and just stay there causing kidney pain constantly (thats when they need to break it up with sound waves)

I *highly* recommend Chanca-Piedra as a suppliment. It comes from a south american herb. It's been used by south american cultures for many hundreds of years as a kidney and gull bladder cleanser

It worked well to reduce pain, and broke down the stone into smaller pieces. (the name actually means "stone breaker" in spanish).

http://www.wholeworldbotanicals.com/herbal_breakstone.html

10. liquidPoop

liquidPoop .........................

had them them once a few years back. dont know what caused it but wasnt high protein.

was at work and got sick feeling. on way home intense abdomen pain, had to pull over and called ambulance. not much they can do other than diagnose it and give pain meds. sometimes they'll try to break it up with sound.

pain was pretty constant but comes in waves of intensity like someone said. I had some vicodin and shit but it barely did anything for the pain. some of the worst pain ever. I suffered through it for about a week, maybe 2. pissing it out didnt hurt but mine was smaller. once you see it you'll understand why it hurts, looks like a spikey crystal

11. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

Ditto, I was drinking way too much soda before and got a few of them. It sucked. I recall standing at the urinal at work with one hand on the wall crying like a lil girl and just drops of blood coming out. :(

I never actually saw mine. One day I went pee and felt this flutter in my groin and I peed almost whitish. :mamoru:

12. liquidPoop

liquidPoop .........................

the doctor gave me some strainers to use while pissing so I could check it out lol

13. Bacchus

Bacchus Skinny Guy

they're not all spikey. some can be smooth

the spikey ones are the worst though.....shitty guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.