kidney stones

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by turbobuick420, Aug 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turbobuick420

turbobuick420 New Member

i got kidney stones last night. most pain i have ever been thru. i havnt passed it yet but the pain is dulled by the pills they gave me at the hospital. anyone else been thru this? anything special you do other than drink lots of water? i pissed at the hospital and i saw some come out. im afraid of how this is going to feel coming out, last night was unbearable:noes: .

2. ralyks

ralyks New Member

Do you know what the cause of it is yet?

3. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

g/f's dad just had one. he had it removed.

4. SilverJettaGLX

SilverJettaGLX OT Supporter

I had them before and swore that I was going to die. :wtc:

5. MiseryIndex

oh man. you know what i just thought of...
    i have a 2nd hole there, from the piercing i used to have in. & pee comes out of that hole too. does that mean passing a stone may cause it to come out the piercing hole instead of the peehole?
    crap that'd suck.

6. ralyks

ralyks New Member

Does piss come out of the piercing hole? Then no.

7. MiseryIndex

8. MiseryIndex

i dunno, 10ga, i had it in for 2 years. its been out since the beginning of may with no changes yet.

9. turbobuick420

turbobuick420 New Member

i drink about 1 can of soda a week. both my parents have had them a few times.

10. turbobuick420

turbobuick420 New Member

ya i thought i was having a stroke or something. it hit all of the sudden. i was hyperventilating(sp?) real bad, my arms and legs were numb, and i had the warm chills. sweating and shivering. along with constant vomiting and the worst pain in the back and stomach. im scared of what round 2 will be like.

11. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

so how do you pee w/o peeing all over? you have to sit down now all the time? =P

12. turbobuick420

turbobuick420 New Member

ive only peed twice since i felt pain. first time at hospital it came out fine with no pain just a tiny brown piece in it. then i pissed this morning and it came out fine again. i dont have to sit to piss. it says on the papers that it could take 10 days to pass:noes:

13. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

drink water & walk/run around. activity will help them move out faster.

14. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

ibyoutaketoomuchcreatine =P

i meant normally, not including the kidney stone thing. was in reference to your PA hole.

15. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

he's probably on narcotics, and alcohol + narcotics = lose

16. Zaffir

Zaffir OT Supporter

I've got a PA and pee just fine. If i'm at all worried about spraying i'll rotate my wang and the ring so that the urine would have to flow up. Works just fine.

17. turbobuick420

turbobuick420 New Member

thanks for the links ill look thru them. i havnt eaten anything since last night. i cant stomach anything. i throw up about once an hour. just lots of water so far cause its easy coming up.

18. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

cranberry helps prevent bladder and urinary tract infections, it wont help this guy for anything

19. Pork Chop Sandwiches

Pork Chop Sandwiches Extraordinary Member

If you keep getting them, you may want to take a Vitamin D or L-Lysine supplement, as those aid in the absorption of calcium. Better-absorbed calcium = less chance of kidney stones.

I've had them before also, and they're clearly the most pain I've ever been in. Haven't had them since, thankfully.

20. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

there are a lot of factors in kidney stone formation; its not as simple as just eating or drinking the wrong things. most of the time its genetic, as it seems to be in this case. there probably isnt much he can do to prevent them, and he'll probably get them again.

21. ralyks

ralyks New Member

There are a variety of reasons for kidney stones, and most of the time you won't know until your doctor tells you after analyzing your stones.

22. fatmoocow

fatmoocow bored OT Supporter

If they come out large enough you should make some earings out of them and give them to some chick. :naughty:

23. turbobuick420

turbobuick420 New Member

feeling alot better today. last night was hell. im pretty sure its genetic cause both my parents got them around 25. im suprised im getting them now, i used to have a horrible diet. ive been eating very healthy for about 9 months now and have lost 50 pounds since then. i dont have health insurance so im sure the hospital could have done more to help. they probably would have made it smaller with a lazer (they said its a fairly large stone)

24. Initial E

Initial E New Member

I had a stone about 6mm in my left ureter. It got to the point where pressure was bulding up on my side b/c urine could only go from one kidney and into the blader through the other ureter.

However, before hand I didnt know it was a stone. I thought it was some sort of stomach ach of muscle pull. I was working on campus and all of a sudden (most likely when the stone moved further into the ureter) I felt a sharp pain. I litterally collapsed and I had to be driven to the ER by a friend.

The nurse gave me 3 pain killers through IV. Torodal and Vicodin, which absolutely NOTHING for the pain. Then a bigass does of morphine which knocked me the fuck out. lol 2 hours and a CT Scan later I was informed I had one of the largest kidney stones that the Dr. at the time had ever seen.

The Doc actually had the nerve to think I could pass a 6mm stone, when he fucking knew that shit was lodged in my fucking ureter. WTF.

Monday rolled around and I was dopped on some rediculas amount of vicodin to keep me sane and I had to undergo a Lithotripsy. Basically sonic waves blast the ever living shit out of the stone and you piss them out.

Cost of this shit about $15,000 total. :ugh:

25. turbobuick420

turbobuick420 New Member

how long were you in the hospital for? they pumped me full of morphine took x-rays, let me sleep for a few then told me to leave after being there about 5 hours. the doctor said he had a rating on size for them 1-10, 5 and under is passable. mine was a 6. he said i wouldnt have passed it if i hadnt gone to the ER so they must have done something to reduce the size.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.