* > Kia Rio (warranty issue???)

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by sparq, Jan 25, 2005.

1. sparq

sparq New Member

I bought a 2004 Kia Rio back in May because they took my old car in on trade, as well as a 4 wheeler -- well since then ive not even put 7,000 miles on my car and ive noticed now, when I get above 35-40mph the car shakes, like... bad. I havent done anything to throw my alignment out of whack, e.g. hit a curb etc. WTF is wrong with the damn thing!

It doesn't really "pull" - and its almost like the tranny might be fucked somehow because I feel it when shifting (when my hand is on the shifter) as well, any possible way this is to blame? Because when I shift into 2nd now, even if I push the clutch in and hold it in while the RPM's drop and give it a second or two, my 2nd gear always "buzzes" a little - I know how to drive stick, so I know its not me -- and I mean christ 7,000 miles even if I was ragging on it, it should last longer then that?

Anyone got any ideas?

Do I have a warranty issue here? (with either problems?) Will they even touch the tranny if its not like completely busted?

2. Ridley

Ridley New Member

Take it in for service. I assume the warranty would cover all of the above mentioned items, but I cannot speak for their company regarding warranty issues.

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Kia offers a 10 Year / 100,000 Mile warranty. They do this for a reason. Their product is crap, and they HAVE to stand by it just to get people to pay for it. They should cover it, but that does mean you'll have to go through the hastle of bringing it in, and fighting a little for it. Be prepared for the, "We didn't experience any problems" routine.

I feel bad that you got sucked in with Kia, tho. For less than $2000 more you could have gotten a Nissan Sentra that would have been faster, and a heck of a lot more reliable. And don't forget the Honda Civic. I hate the Civic, but it's a great A->B car, and reliable to boot.