Keylogging software

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by NPH, Jun 28, 2005.

1. NPH

NPH Guest

I am looking for software that logs the user's keystrokes and possibly launched programs/executions. The software would have to be discreet and run/launch in the background without the user seeing any new icons in the taskbar or any other notifications.

What do you recommend?

2. col_panic

col_panic calm like a bomb Moderator

i don't recall the names of the ones i've installed, but after you install it, make sure it doesn't have some boneheaded configuration like creating start menu entries for the user to find. one of them had a nice feature that you could deprioritize the resident process so slower systems would not be noticeably bogged down.

it is also a nice feature if the process does not report via taskmgr. i believe one of the ones i ran did that as well so you couldn't easily tell it was running

3. peterthesmart

peterthesmart New Member

http://www.spectorsoft.com/
    Most programs will not show up in the task manager, and require a special combination of keys to be pressed so you can access the settings. There are also physical keyloggers that plug into the keyboard port.

4. Swerve

Swerve OT Supporter

Last edited: Jun 29, 2005
  5. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

I beleive one I have used before was PC Spy. It was pretty good at hiding everything on the system and you setup a key combination to open up the control panel and then use a password to use the settings.

6. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Google and a bit of research would probably be your best method for locating the tool you need.