keyboard recommendations?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by driftwell, Jan 15, 2005.

1. driftwell

driftwell New Member

needs to be cheap

quiet

comfortable

and i dont game too much

and i dont care for wireless

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

logitech or mitsumi keyboards can be had for under $20 and are pretty nice.

3. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

I'm a fan of the no-nonsense plain old-fashioned keyboard (no special buttons, no wireless, no fancy designs, etc). I have one that was $15 or so at my local shop and it works well for me. Just go look around and decide what you like.

4. This is my 2nd Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. My first stayed with my other computer when I moved it to the bedroom after buying this new one. I've had no troubles at all with them.

Why would you not care for wireless?

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

fwiw, I also don't care for wireless keyboards. So far they've all had lag except for this expensive bluetooth one from logitech, and I have no intention of paying $250 for a keyboard.

So I've got a wired keyboard and my mx1000 :o:

6. I don't do any gaming with my wireless keyboard or mouse, so I don't have to worry about lag. For my purposes, it suits me just fine. I like to kick my feet up on the desk and lean back in my chair while I type or surf. When I get up, I don't get tangled up in a cord. My most recent one has a bunch of shortcuts labeled on the keys, so that helps, too.

7. AriS

AriS New Member

i like microsoft for keyboards and logitech for mouses
    i recently picked up a microsoft digital media pro keyboard for 30. it seemed to be the quietest out of the ones at the store and the shortcuts on it are convenient

8. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

I got a free Wireless duo from logitech when they were giving them away 2 xmases ago. I still use the keyboard and have never noticed any lag. It seems to be able to keep up with my typing. :o

The mouse on the other hand I stoped using because it went through batteries about once every 2 weeks.

9. Muchacho_Gasolino

Muchacho_Gasolino New Member

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=23-128-018&depa=0

I have this one and I've really liked it. It took a while to get used to the whole flat-ness of the keyboard since I used to have one of the super curved microsoft ones, but now that I have it is very comfortable. I never really use the light thing because it gives me a crazy headache to look at the comp screen in the dark, but it looks pretty cool anyway, and if I ever felt the urge to compute in the pitch black I would definitely have no problem seeing my keyboard.
    One thing I would say though is the delete/insert/home/pageup/pagedown key layout is a little wierd, and they are kind of small. I've never really gotten used to them, I always have to look at the keyboard whenever i want to press one.

10. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

I have an eagle touch keyboard. and love it. its a laptop style so it doesn't have big annoying keys. easier to type with in my opinion.

11. Goonigoogoo

Goonigoogoo Active Member

I use an amazing USB keyboard at work, EXTREMLY comfortable but i don't have the name of it off the top of my head, i'll let you know monday morning, and it only costs 15$ CAN.

12. Eschaton

Eschaton Kings Fans Crew #011

logitech are pretty quite, comfortable and can be quite a reasonable price

13. driftwell

driftwell New Member

cool thanks guys for the recommendations... ill most likely either order one online monday or just go to a local store and find myself a logitech..

hopefully goonigoo will post before i leave :)