Keyboard cleaning

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by kev-89t, Sep 7, 2004.

1. kev-89t

kev-89t OT Supporter

Hey guys, well shit, yesterday some friends came over and we were drinking and someone knocked over a beer onto my laptop, only a little got onto the keys and i cleaned it up the best I could but some of the keys weren't working so I popped them off and cleaned it more. It got pretty much every key working but the backspace key. It will work fine and then all of a sudden just lock when I'm not even useing the keyboard. So I was wondering if anyone knows how to clean a laptop keyboard or do i just have to go out and buy a new one. Thanks

2. oradii

oradii www.oteampress.com

might have to get a new one. A friend of mine did the same thing with some coke, unfortunately he never got any of the keys working again and fried his HD...

3. kev-89t

kev-89t OT Supporter

Well shit, any idea how much they are or how to hook it up?

4. sleepy71

sleepy71 Guest

Basic keyboards are pretty inexpensive nowadays (<$30), so it's prolly not worth investing the time to clean it. Besides, you'd be suprised how much dead skin and fingernail trash is in there.

5. kev-89t

kev-89t OT Supporter

basic keyboards that you plug in are, but to get one that will fit back into my laptop with the same working keys is going to be hard to find.