SRS Ketamine usage and surgery

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by alki, Jan 13, 2007.

1. alki

alki New Member

As i understand it, ketamine is [SIZE=-1]anesthetic used to perform light surgeries on small animals. My question is if regular usage of ketamine will affect our body tolerance system towards anesthetics used during human surgery.

I've heard horror stories about patients waking up in the middle of a surgery and such, and I was wondering if experts here could shed some light in the truth about regular ketamine abuse and how it would really affect us.

If it does affect our tolerance-level towards anesthetic, is this permanent?

In event of a surgery, should I be telling the doctor about my ketamine usage?
    [/SIZE]

2. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

i would ask a doctor, and i would also tell your doctor too before surgery. They arent going to arrest you.

3. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

4. Metal

Metal Active Member

I am also unsure of what previous Ketamine use does to the brain/body. However, I would definitely mention it before any surgery that you may be undergoing in the future as they will not question you about it except for maybe how much of it you used; for their own medical records, to avoid any adverse reactions to the anesthetics that they may giving you during the surgery or procedure. The best thing you can do for yourself and for everyone involved is to be honest with your answers when they ask you these types of questions which may make you feel uncomfortable - but being honest upfront very possibly could be saving your life! (for example--a bad reaction to a combination of drugs that you had been taking before surgery, etc.) Good Luck with the Surgery! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Love,
    Craig

5. cope

cope GETONMYHYPE

ketamine

fun stuff

until you do to much

then its a little to crazy

literally

6. Lindsay Loo

Lindsay Loo ミ★ Mikel's POZ Partner ミ★

yeah make sure to tell your doctor so they can try to give you something where you might not have a reaction. K is not good for you. its really hard to dose it for dogs and cats so imagine how hard it is to dose for you