TAT Keloid bullshit

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by kramer, Jul 11, 2009.

1. kramer

kramer New Member

When I turned 18, I was apparently feeling really rebellious, as I decided to get tattoos and pierce my own cartilage. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but the piercing was constantly getting infected. I took very good care of it, but my current place of employment isn't exactly the cleanest and dust-free place on the planet, so keloids would quite frequently form around my piercing. These keloids weren't much of a big deal, I could just drain them, disinfect, and go about my business.

Well a few months ago, I had finally had enough after I decided to switch metals from nickel to titanium, hoping that it would clear up my piercing woes. It turns out that the first the keloid that formed when I put the titanium jewelery in caused the worst keloid that I've ever had. It was so bad and hurt so much due to the stretching that I had to take the piercing out and let it close up.

Now its about 2 months later, and the keloid has become permanent. It is unlike any of the other ones that I have had in the past where I could have just drained the blood/gross cocktail of bodily fluids that resided inside. This one has a pretty good amount of scar tissue inside of it, and is almost always pink/red. It's REALLY pissing me off because I'm feeling very self conscious about it. If I had to compare its look to someone without a picture, it would be a pea sized red wart on the top back side of my cartilage.

I have tried everything to get rid of it, from soaking it in tea tree oil, giving it daily saline solution treatments, to even attempting to cut it off (bad idea).

My question is, does anyone know what can be done about this? I've read a pretty good amount about keloid removal on various other forums and the only treatment seems to be going to a dermetologist and either receiving steroid injections or just having it lacerated off. It may come down to this, but I would like to avoid having to pay a dermetologist hundreds of dollars for something so small.

Someone please help me ! :wtc::wtc:

Cliffs: I'm poor and don't want to pay for dermetological surgery to remove a keloid

2. TWG

TWG New Member

just go to the Dr. when are you gonna learn?

you thought you were a piercer and look what happened what makes you think your gonna be a better Dr.

3. kramer

kramer New Member

Some actual advice would be appreciated. I realize that I am not a piercer, but I had sterilized equipment, wore gloves, and was clean about everything. It's not rocket science.

I am trying to find something to help my keloid that does NOT involve going to a doctor. I am aware of what it is, the only thing the doctor is going to tell me is how much it will cost to have it sliced off.

4. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

I had a nasty keliod and I found nothing that would get rid of it, i finally had a doctor remove it

5. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

:rofl: where'd you get sterilized nickel jewellery from?? What about your needle? What'd you sterilize it with?

You didn't have a keloid before and probably don't have one now. It's probably hypertrophic scarring which is MUCH more common with piercings.

Go see a doctor he'll fix it.

6. TWG

TWG New Member

and then hes the one who can CUT IT OFF dumb ass :ugh:

7. kramer

kramer New Member

I fucking realize this, retard. I'm a poor college student. I was asking for advice. Die in a chemical fire.

Thanks for not being an asshat.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  8. TWG

TWG New Member

i bet you have no problem finding money to go out and party.

you asked for advice. i gave you the best advice, albeit not what you want to hear but probably whats best. save your fucking pennies asshole.

hope you enjoy the alien growing on your ear. :fawk:

9. markw

markw New Member

I had one on my cartilage, I had my cartilage re-pierced at 14ga, and it cut it right out :big grin:

10. kramer

kramer New Member

Enjoy your future life of anger management, spousal abuse and alcoholism.

And learn to spell. Drop out.

11. TWG

TWG New Member

1 for 5 aint bad. :rofl:
    im not mad, why would i be i dont have some abnormal growth on my head.
    i dont hit women never have never will.
    i dont drink
    i cant spell...you got me there :o
    i did graduate.

make sure to keep sunscreen on your little growth. wouldnt wanna catch a sunburn.

12. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

By the way you described it, I almost didn't have a keloid before. From what I understand(and feel free to correct me, but this is what I have been told by piercers), a keloid is NOT going to be pussy and gross like that. That sounds like a hardcore infection.

I've heard that putting aspirin paste on the area will help eat away at it, but I'm not sure how much truth there is to that.

13. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

doesn't sound like an infection at all. It's hypertrophic scarring which is common with cartilage piercings.

14. SmokeDog420

SmokeDog420 New Member

sounds kinda like a cyst.. I think you should just cut off your ear!

15. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

Gah, I miss-typed. I meant to say that before, when his ear was all pussy and he had to drain it out, that THAT sounded like an infection, not the problem he is having now.

Is that more correct?

16. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Depends on the color of the puss really. Yellow/clear/white is normal for a piercing and is usually a sign of irritation. Dark green/brown/black puss is a sure sign of an infection.

17. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

sounds like what i had, i am just going by what the doctor called it

18. MagicGAT

MagicGAT New Member

I had this exact thing happen to me, is it permanently swollen around the piercing and has it become hard? I had to have my lanced HARD with a knife while I was biting on a stick. I was in the middle of a desert when the trips "nurse" informed me "If you dont eliminate that you will get an infection in your BRAIN, because it is already so close."

You need to man up, get a friend get some rubbing alcohol or Hydrogen Peroxide and drain the motherfucker. I had to fuck with mine 3 nights in a row each time its easier and easier then put disenfectant on it every day. I still have a little scar from it

19. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Your nurse doesn't know what the fuck she's talking about. :rofl:

20. TWG

TWG New Member

why is this world filled with stupid mother fuckers. :rofl: i hope your not having children.