GUN Kel-tec rifles?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by puppeteer107, Apr 14, 2006.

1. puppeteer107

puppeteer107 Be mine, sister salvation

I'm looking to purchase my first rifle at the end of the summer when I have some extra cash and my friend who's into guns recommended me a Kel-Tec

http://www.kel-tec.com/

The price is right for me, I'm sure I could find one cheaper at a gun show, I like how it shoots .223 ammo since that's and I love the fact that my laptop weighs more than the gun itself. I'm looking at this model in particular,

http://www.kel-tec.com/su16b.html

but I've never heard about the company before so I don't know how good the guns actually are. I'm going to do some research this weekend but I wanted to ask OT what their thoughts were first.

2. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

a) welcome to WMD, and dont mention Glock or XD. Ever :big grin:
    b) based on what I have heard from people, the CA model is the way go go with the -16
    c) If you are looking for cheap, itll be hard to beat Big5 and a Milsurp rifle
    d) If you live in a free state, or want to jump through hoops and are in Cali, get an AR or AK.

3. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Kel-tec makes decent stuff, but I'd go with the SU-16CA instead.. the barrel is threaded, and it doesn't have that ridiculous front sight tower.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2006
  4. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

+1 on the AR or AK. If you live in Cali then you can build one but it's a pain in the ass and like Panzer said there are a lot of hoops to jump through. As for the Keltec they seem more like a novelty gun to me. I've handled them and they seem kinda flimsy. Never shot one so I can't tell you much about their accuracy.

5. twofourtysx

twofourtysx New Member

6. mooredodge

mooredodge 3,2,1 I'm the bomb...and I'm ready to go off in yo

My dad has a kel-tec rifle, a sub 2000. It's a .40 I think, with a folding stock. He seems to enjoy it, but I think he a had a few failure to feeds with a certain brand of ammo, switched brands and then had no more problems. Can't remember what ammo though.