MMA keeping your hands up

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by lolrolf, Mar 30, 2008.

1. lolrolf

lolrolf Guest

2. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

They're good.

3. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

its a bad habbit to keep your hands down. I used to have problems with keeping my hands down because i didnt have a point of reference. what I do is I ball up my fists and make my right hand touch my nose and then make my left touch my right then that should be the hight they are at then i just move one hand under each eye at the distance they were from my nose

after i started doing that i stoped getting hit in the head also if you watch his guard comes up when he goes in to bang

4. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

I have a high guard, I keep mine touching my forehead, but yeah just because the pro's do it, doesn't mean it's a good habit to form. Sometimes it's baiting and sometimes they really are forgetting.

5. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah exactly alot of people have bad habbits

6. Exiled

Exiled New Member

That fight is amazing... I like pierre so much look at him in the stare down he's so nervous fighting Matt Hughes and actually having a title shot. Wow man, cool video thanks for posting that!

Oh and yeah, I did MT Boxing for a few years and what I notice with the very talented guys is that they are so used to sparring and fighting that they know when to keep their guard up and when to relax a little bit.. in that rythym of sparring though if you get reeeaaallll tired you can get pretty lazy with that.