keeping things casual

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Simple, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Simple

Simple Sexy Beatch

I exited a long-term relationship mutually 3 months ago (5+ years) and am slowly moving towards dating again. I have no intention of getting back into a committed relationship anytime soon and just want to be single, meet new people.

I currently have a few girls that I am "seeing" but am not sure how and when to bring up the fact that i'm not looking for a relationship but just to get to know other people better...

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You don't have to technically bring it up unless it needs to be brought up. Everyone has different limits though-whether it's right before sex, a kiss, her talking about what you "are," etc.

Say one of these girls is very obviously into you. Into you as in she makes it pretty clear she wants more than just a sexual relationship. You need to just be honest and say you're out of a 5 year relationship and are not looking for anything serious. You can even go further by saying you'd love to keep dating her (if you do).

Only you can judge when the time is right to bring it up, just don't wait too long.

3. Helmet

Helmet New Member

this is true. im kinda in the same situation. im just gonna play it out. and when she mentions anything about relationship im be like. i just got out of a serious one and just wanna date .

but for sure wont be happening till after we have sex lol

4. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

I think every situation is different.. if you see the girl regularly (every week or more) then you should let her know relatively soon that you're out of a long term relationship and right now you want to keep things casual. If you wait until the girl is really attracted to you then you're going to see bigger problems.

5. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

do you "want to get to know people better," or do you just want to fuck a few girls and not be tied down into another relationship at the moment? either one is fine, but i'd wager you're leaning toward the latter, which is fine, i'm doing that right now and it works.

you just need to tell them very honestly, "look, right now i just got out of a 5 year relationship, and i'm not looking for anything serious... but i'd love to keep seeing you, you're [whatever quality you like about her, interesting, fun, good company blah blah blah]."

you'll probably find about 3 kinds of girls for the most part, those who blow you off claiming you only want sex and you're a manwhore, those who are totally cool with it and aren't looking for more either, and those who claim they're totally cool with it but hope to make you love them in time.

but i think you should make it clear before having sex if you want to avoid a ton of drama, or save it for after sex and you'll likely get some backlash. depends on how much you care about their reaction.