Keeping secrets from a close ex

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by asp, Mar 25, 2008.

1. asp

asp New Member

I'm going to make this as short as possible.
    I broke up with an ex in high school and now we are both a thousand miles apart at different schools: I am attending a college near my house; shes out of state. We figured it was best for us to break up for obvious reasons (college experience, long distance fights, feeling guilty partying, ect.... cant live with that for 4 years). ANYWAY, we were very close and we still talk a couple times a week and still have a good relationship.
    She was the first to have sex with someone else and she told me. it was with some random guy i obviously dont know and it pissed me off it didnt take her too long. but i was optimistic about it; it had to happen.

On my end, I am more than willing to tell her that i have, however, since i am living near my house, its someone she knows / can make a connection with.

i really dont want to start any drama and i know when i tell her she will want to know who.
    Do i:
    a) lie and say its someone she doesnt know
    b) say that i have and say i would rather not tell her who (which will without a doubt start a argument)
    c) lie and just say i havent (k probably between A or B)

Am i out of line telling her i dont want her to know?
    what does the vag think

2. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

dont tell her anything

3. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

You arent dating her. Unless you are still fucking, then she doesnt need to know that you are sleeping with someone, let alone who. She probably just told you to get a rise outta you to begin with.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Oi vey. You two are tip-toeing around each other for no reason. You are not in a fucking relationship anymore so quit acting like it.

Friends certainly don't keep secrets of who they sleep with just to protect the other one's feelings. Grow up.

Either stop talking to her until you actually get over her and can look at her as a friend, or continue this BS of a relationship. You guys don't even need to be talking about who sleeps with who :uh:

5. althepirate

althepirate Talk nerdy to me.

Why would this be brought up in conversation at all? Don't lie to her - that's childish and stupid. If she brings it up, just say that you have and you'd rather not talk about it with her since it makes the conversations uncomfortable.

But I repeat myself here - why are you two talking about who you're having sex with at all?! She's your EX, not your girlfriend and it's none of her goddamn business who you sleep with.

6. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

don't bring it up and if she does try to skate around it. your sex life is none of her business. i like to keep my private life private (i'm more open online than with friends). it was immature for her to tell you because she had to have realized that it would have hurt you.

7. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I'm gonna be blunt with this post:

Who the fuck cares??? You're not dating her, why the hell do you need to know this crap about each other's lives?

You don't have to tell each other squat. When she asks, tell her "that's my business, not yours".

Also, grow up. Please.

8. asp

asp New Member

typing something out really makes you realize that the answer is there and obvious.

the thing that makes it difficult is that it was a realllly half ass break up. like its only because we "have to" type of deal. and we slept together during one of the breaks; which made things a little more difficult. then i'm sure we will during the summer. theres just so much goddamn sexual tension between us when were together.

we were just really open about everything. i know what i need to do is just break it off hard. so no more sleeping with her. and no more personal talks.

9. asp

asp New Member

and it came up because we did sleep together after the break up

10. asp

asp New Member

you know beyond all the flaming theres actually very good advice...
    thanks vag

11. althepirate

althepirate Talk nerdy to me.

I didn't see any flaming in any of the previous posts.

12. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

who cares; shes your ex. you can tell her and hide from her whatever you want.

13. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Don't bring it up unless she asks and you can either tell her its none of her business or be honest and tell her and not worry about how it makes her feel.

14. Abomb

Abomb New Member

you still talk to your ex on a regular basis? :bowrofl: