Keep my Thinkpad T23 or get an Axim X50

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Scream_Phoenix, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Scream_Phoenix

Scream_Phoenix Handsome Boy Model

May 31, 2001
    the X50 release date is getting closer. the vga model is looking promising with the 612mhz xscale and vgascreen, wifi and bluetooth. estimated price is 499$USD, but ill get at least 5% of that off through my company as well as any launch promos they offer. i currently have a thinkpad t23 1ghz for mobile work, i dont really need a laptop(right now its at my girlfriends and i havent realy missed it too much). but its nice to have tho, especially when its the end of the term and i have papers due. i can work at the library.

the advantage of the axim is that its smaller, i could take it anywhere (everywhere :big grin: ), rather than having to get organized and set up my laptop when i use it elsewhere. it turns on instantly so it would be faster for quick uses and things, i could use it as a mp3 player pull it out for games, use the bluetooth to access my phones gprs and download emails while im out, not that any of them are important :o

disadvantages are smaller screen size, limited usage, ie stripped down apps etc. i havent had a pocket pc before but i have made decent use of an old casio organizer. $499 is a lot tho if im just going to buy it and have it be my "new toy" for a couple months, which is entirely possible.

2. M. Fresh,

M. Fresh, Guest

what's on your t23? the axim x50 is looking nice, especially w/ the vga. not too sure on the x50 though, b/c the build quality on the previous moddes like x3 were awful.