MIL kazimer

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ranger-AO, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Combat Engineer?

2. kazimer

kazimer New Member

thats the plan :)
    i havent gone through the engineer school
    but i want to be combat light

i wont really know until i get to my permanent duty station
    which is in korea. apparently i wont know my unit until i am actually there as it supposedly changes. currently i am supposed to go to an aviation unit

3. Ranger-AO

My son is a Combat Engineer. He busted his leg during AIT at Ft. Leonard Wood. I just put him on a plane to go back to Iraq on Sunday (after 2 weeks of R&R).

CE is an excellent choice. Nothing more satisfying than a big boom. :naughty:

4. kazimer

kazimer New Member

:cool: i think the Corps of engineers is one of the army's greatest assets, there are so many opportunities

what rank is your son? how long has he been in iraq?

5. Ranger-AO

He's a PFC. He deployed in January. Spent a few months with a team of volunteers training an Iraqi Commando Battalion in Samarra. He says those were the most satisfying, and hardest, days of his entire enlistment. He was going out on multiple combat patrols and raids every day.

Only seriously bad side to his job so far is it's screwing up his back. But that has more to do with all of the gear he carries every day, plus the 240B and ammo. He's the smallest guy in his squad, but he's got the biggest weapon. The doc told him to take pain killers, but he refused. He told the doc that he could either take the pain killers, or go on raids and combat patrols - but not both, and he isn't going to give up the raids.

6. kazimer

kazimer New Member

holy crap thats impresssive. sometimes i wish i had experienced a full enlistment so i could see the other side of the jobs i am to lead. i have a love/hate relationship with the 240B. i HATE rucking with that S.O.B. like your son i am small (5'6" and 140lbs) so it breaks me off. i havent experienced shooting a .50 cal so the 240B is God's gift to me :bigthumb:

your son sounds like one tough MOFO...i know too many people that would dope up on the meds. thank him for his service for me :)

7. Ranger-AO

with an excellent attitude like that, you'll lead well. :)

Yeah - he was the squad sniper for a while but he went back to the 240. He told me that there's nothing quite as satisfying as being able to throw a bucketload of lead downrange when you need to. :naughty:

Will do. Even if he weren't my son, I'd still be damn proud to know him. :hs: