Kawi Eliminator 125 up to 66mph

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by AVengeance, Oct 20, 2009.

1. AVengeance

AVengeance Active Member

Mod 1 was a windscreen. Universal from JC Whitney. Fits like crap, but does offer a little improvement over having nothing at all. Smoothes out airflow for a couple feet.

Mod 2: airbox snorkle removal. I put a block-off plate over the hole I cut for the ram air, until I can put a bigger jet in the carb. I put it back together, but left off the snorkle (rubber piece that further restricts airflow). Without the snorkle, air is taken from pretty much the same location; it just flows SLIGHTLY more air.

Mod 3: swap from 46T rear sprocket to 42T. 5th gear is now 4th (pretty much), and I have a whole new "overdrive" gear- that's what I call it, since I have to downshift up steep hills under 55mph. Steep hills also result in slowing to 55 if I'm in 5th. Straight level sustained top speed (travelling north with a N/NW 18mph wind) is 66-68mph. Top speed down hills or downwind is well over 70, but 70 was the top I wanted the bike to be able to do, so

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Now my wife won't be afriad to ride it. I'll work on it more in the spring. It was damn chilly riding in to work. 35°F @ 60mph is just... not comfortable.
    Filled up with gas this morning, and MPG is still 79.

2. Figori

Figori Taking BRC to the EXTREME. OT Supporter

Nice! Grats.

3. AVengeance

AVengeance Active Member

I drove it a little "nicer" this morning (tried to stay around 55), so I'll get a better idea of the gas mileage. Because the top speed was only 63 before, I tried to stay well away from that, going 50-55 max, and was at 80 mpg. If I've only lost 1mpg, I figure I've done pretty good. I'm still gonna want to try the ram air thing, but that, like continuing on the Ninja, might have to wait until spring.
    At least it was in the 40s this morning! :rofl:

4. PcH

PcH Guest

79 MPG :bowdown: