SRS Kava Kava? Ever used it?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Xadious, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Xadious

Xadious =======

I've read about this Herbal item and its supposed to have various qualities, one of them being relaxing affect, i.e anxiety lessening affect.

Has anyone tried this? If so what was your experience with it like?

2. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

The FDA has warned people against using it because of the possibility of liver damage. I used to take alot of this stuff. In low doses it relaxes you. At higher doses it REALLY relaxes you and feels sorta like a psychedelic. But it can damage your liver.

Try some Valerian root.

3. diesel

diesel Guest

yeah kava kava is awesome... i took it for a long time about 3 or 4 years ago and it worked great.. i got some now and i don't know if i am taking to much of it or what but it raises my blood pressure and i get all pissed off.. start out at low doses if you are going to try it...

4. Xadious

Xadious =======

Cool thanks, didn't hear about Valerian root before, reading up on it now. Have you used that? If so what was your experience with it like?

And yeh, i've read about the liver problems and stuff like that associated with kava although i've also read that no evidence was shown to link the two, but still definitely good to be careful. Do you remember what amounts you took? Did you take pills (if so how many mg) or did you get it in grounded powder type?

Are you taking the powder type or pills? Also how many mg/grams are you taking daily?

5. Dr3w321

Dr3w321 Sgt. Pepper's Lonely

How does valerian root compare?

6. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

It compares well. Its nature's Valium.