COMIC Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Tikiman, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Tikiman

Tikiman The Internet has left me in despair.

Anyone ever watched this series before? After watching, and being disappointed with Hunter X Hunter, I was looking for another long running shonen series to waste time and found this. Once it gets past the boring and cheesy introduction arc and changes from a typical daily/school life comedy into an action comedy it gets pretty damn entertaining.

The basic story is about a kid who finds out he is chosen to be next in line to become the head of the largest mafia family in Italy. Why he is picked and why the person sent to train him appears to be a baby wearing a suit and fedora is part of the overall mystery of the story. As it goes on, it also involves the 6 guardians that have been drawn to the side of the mafia head throughout history and stuff about rings that have power and dying will flames and so on.

Anyways, I have been enjoying the heck outa it and recommend it to anyone else who like me has grown tired of the likes of Naturo and Bleach.

2. Luffy

Luffy | Anime Crew | Gear Second |

I'm still reading the manga although I skipped a buncha earlier chapters cause it was so boring.

Reborn's ok.

3. Sonic_Fan

Sonic_Fan 恐ろしい Member

Katekyo Hitman Reborn is mostly boring. I only continue to read it because I love the art style it has. It's very pretty to look at. The concept of the story with the mafia is interesting and fights are great, but there's just a lot of characters that annoy the fuck out of me...ESPECIALLY fucking Tsuna and he's the main character. Right now with the whole dimension shit going on in the manga, it's just stupid and I can't wait for it to finally end. Thankfully it's almost at the end of that horrible arc.

And I'm disappointed you didn't like Hunter x Hunter. Then again, I'm assuming you just watched the anime and didn't read the manga....In fact, this is for the Reborn anime isn't? I can't really comment about the anime because I never watched it. Never wanted to see it animated.

4. Tikiman

Yeah I only watched the anime of Hunter X Hunter. I enjoyed the first couple of arcs, the Hunter Trials and the Sky Ring but the one after that with the underground auctions and stuff I thought just dragged on and on. The Greed Island arc are entertaining as well I was just hoping for more stuff on actually being a hunter. It seemed like as soon as they finished the trials and learned the whole Nen fighting stuff, the entire idea of Hunters being the elite was pushed aside. Maybe they go back to it in the manga but I have not checked that out yet.

I have not caught up with Reborn yet, in the middle of the Future arc, and just have been enjoying it thus far. Mostly for a few character like Gokudera, Yamamoto, I-pin, Chrome/Mukuro, Bianchi and even Lambo and Haru crack me up. I do not really mind Tsuna. He is typical "I hate fighting but will do it anyways to protect my friends" shonen fodder. Like you said, the artwork and animation are really good as well.

It is not a great series by any means, but it is entertains me when I have nothing else to watch. It's no One Piece or anything. But, I like having one of these long running shows to have to watch a few episodes here and there when I am bored and lazy.

5. foo82

foo82 New Member

Watched the first episode. Fell asleep. Dropped it.

6. Tikiman

I did that the first time I tried to watch it a year or so ago. Now days, I give a series at least 4-5 episodes to get going unless there is something I really dislike about it (like School Runble)

7. foo82

foo82 New Member

Eh, usually I do that as well, but I found some of the characters a bit too annoying. Especially that baby hitman thing.

8. Sonic_Fan

Sonic_Fan 恐ろしい Member

You didn't like the York Shin Arc? Wow. That's the best part of Hunter x Hunter to me. That arc is one of my favorite parts in Shounen Jump mangas. It's so different than what you typically see because the Spider organization is unlike any other villain team ever. The Greed Island arc doesn't even compare to the greatness of the York Shin Arc, in my opinion.

9. The Bob Loblaw Law Blog

The Bob Loblaw Law Blog OT Supporter

i discovered this shit on crunchyroll and it doesn't really get exciting til after like the first 30. it gets real badass when the fights/boxes/rings are introduced. i'd say its almost on par with bleach/naruto when the future fights begins

10. Luffy

[​IMG]

thank you xanxus

11. foo82

foo82 New Member

Okay, I decided to give this another try and start from episode 2 and see if I can stick around to where people say it gets good..

Sadly I can't make it past 2. It's so unbelievably bad. I want to try to like it, but I can't.

2 reasons.
    The main char, and the main supporting char. I hate them both. In fact, I don't think there are any likeable characters at this point. I even find his classmates annoying.

His only redeeming quality is the fact that he gets shot every episode. Unfortunately, he doesn't stay dead.

I could actually look past all this if it weren't for the fact that he's "cheating" to win all his so called matches. Fact is, every success he has done so far requires him to be shot by that baby. It's like making a sports manga where protagonist has to use steroids before every match so he has a fighting chance.

Someone tell me if this keeps going. Does he actually require to be shot in all his fights/matches or does he actually work for his success later on.

12. Tikiman

Wow, I forgot all about the whole bullet thing. Yeah, they get rid of all that. Just looked it up at it is the 2nd story arc, starts at episode 20 when they change from the episodic comedy to a more typical shonen series. Then really gets going at episode 34 when they start with the whole Vongola Rings and stuff. That said, Tsuna stays pretty annoying throughout the series. I watch it mostly for the great supporting cast though.

13. JP

JP Active Member

same

14. Cdiesel

Cdiesel OT Supporter

shit is so repetitive wanted to bash my head in

15. Luffy

i wrote a wall of text ranting off this serie but decided it wasn't worth it

i do love the art style though

just wished they would kill off Tsuna and replaced his ass with somebody else

16. Tikiman

It amazes me that people hate this series so much and yet will watch pure garbage like Bleach. I guess Bleach started out good and turned to shit were, at least imo, Reborn started out trash and turned good.

17. foo82

foo82 New Member

I dropped bleach long time ago. Shortly after that stupid filler arc. Imo bleach went downhill after the whole soul society arc was finished up. It should have just ended there. I dropped the manga too. It also helps that the protagonist of bleach isn't such a fucktard.

Actually I pretty much hate it when any of the protagonist is a small whiny bitch.

Actually there isn't a shonen anime that I really like anymore. The only exception are the old classics (yu yu hakusho, hunterxhunter) and gintama. The problem is most shonen series tend to drag out way too long ala dragonball. It eventually becomes a clusterfuck.

18. Sonic_Fan

Sonic_Fan 恐ろしい Member

:rofl:

Are you kidding me? Reborn started like trash and it remained that way. Sure, there were some interesting fights in Reborn, specifically in the middle of it, but that alone doesn't justify it's annoying main protagonist with it's forgettable cast of characters. In Bleach, the starting premise was so good up until Soul Society. After that, it started to fall apart and drag on and on. However, the key difference is that Bleach is easier to read since there's mostly useless panels taking up space and the plot of the story hasn't changed as much...while in Reborn, it's stupidity in story never ceases to amaze me. Like I said a long time ago, the art style is the only thing Reborn has going for it. It's beautiful. The mangaka draws characters very well and it's very unique for a Shonen Jump manga. The manga has always been trash.

19. Tikiman

You dont like it. I get it. My point was there are many fans on the series or it would not have lasted as long as it has. Just surprised me that there are so many people on here who still follow Bleach and not a one who follows Reborn. Truth be told, I have not been following either since shortly after I made the first post almost 8 moths ago. The only Manga is still follow is One Piece.

BTW This:
    Not a positive in my book.

20. Luffy

I'm still following it :wiggle:

I just rage every time after.