Katana 600?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by idontgiveashit, Jul 23, 2003.

1. idontgiveashit

idontgiveashit I eat rice

As i said in another thread, i was to get a gixxer 750, but that fell thru, and its probably a good thing, but i found a katana 600, and im picking it up tommarow. Does anyone have opinions or information on these bikes, i havent really seen anyone talk about them too much.

2. bobomb

bobomb no torque, no care OT Supporter

A friend of mine had one - Good for a beginner I guess. Was definatly fast enough. Its sort of heavy though.

3. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

What year? They're good starter bikes, the only thing I didn't like about them when I was looking for a bike was that they're air cooled.

4. Prelude Ed

Prelude Ed Guest

I had a blue 98 as my first bike that i picked up in May of last year for $4k w/14xx miles... i had it for 13 months and put on 3k miles and sold it for $3500....

its definitely fast enough for a n00b, but it is HEAVY.... you wont get bored with it for a while, just take MSF, wear gear, etc.... dont bother modding it though... save your money and move up to a super sport when the time is right for YOU.

5. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

I don't particularly care for them... but they are comfortable, and make good beginner bikes if you're careful to not trash the plastic.

6. Jer99Si

Jer99Si Guest

i have a 01 Katana 600 and it is great as a beginner's bike. Only problem is that it weighs like 533 lbs dry weight.

7. idontgiveashit

im taking an abate class next week before i can even get on the bike dad said. Its a 3 day course, then i ahve to go get my lisence. Im not severly worried abotu the plastic, im good with painting and body work, that and its my first bike, so im not going to be worried about some scratches. And im getttin all the proper gear, ive already got some gloves, going to get helmet monday and investing in leathers soon. Its a 95 for whoever asked.

8. idontgiveashit

took my class, got my lisence today, and when i was in our school parking lot, snapped the chain already, so its in the parking lot tonite...But i love the bike, its not nearly as fast as the gixxer, but its probably a good thing.