Kaspersky fucked my system!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Valence, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

It got to where it would never load. However I check the task manager, and it's still running as a service. It makes my CPU run at 100% capacity 100% of the time. My fan screams like a banshee, and never slows down.

I deleted the registry entry from Local machine and current user. Comes back everytime I reboot.

I can't stop the service, it say's access denied.

I can't uninstall, it say's I have to stop the service.

Loop and repeat.

I can't delete files from the programs directory, because access is denied.

:o What the fuck do I do to get rid of this shit? I don't want the Ruskies looking at my shit :o

2. AeroSquid

AeroSquid New Member

3. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

It didn't really unlock anything. It did let me get farther on deleting stuff.

It said "no locking handle found" or something to that effect. Then I could select an option to delete. It would still say access denied, but I figured out If I repeated those steps enough, more files were being deleted. Finally it said it couldn't delete the remaining files but could on the next reboot. I rebooted, and now I idle at about 5% or less, and the fan is quieting down. I was able to delete the directory for Kaspersky and the registry entries.

Thank you, the one time someone on OT comes through with a serious, non-sarcastic helpful reply.

4. AeroSquid

AeroSquid New Member

glad i could help :)