LGBT Karen Webb and Matt McNeil on the Legislature's Witholding of Gay/Lesbian Entitlement

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by CoCo, May 7, 2004.

1. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

Just some political clips...

Karen Webb and Matt McNeil on the Legislature's Witholding of Gay/Lesbian Entitlement
    by Karen Webb and Matt McNeil

Editor's note: I agree completely with the views expressed below and I feel that Governor Henry should have been able to maneuver at least a minimum number of the Democratic legislators in order to prevent the majority from voting away gay/lesbian equality in Oklahoma.

Governor Henry did not ask for these homophobic bills and they were passed with a veto-proof majority. The blind re-election ambition of the Dino legislators has created a monster named "GOPer Majority" which will squash all Democratic Party advances made since statehood of 1907 like so many locusts. The wind will certainly come sweeping down the plains--the chill winds of political opportunism, thy names are GOPer and DINO.

********************************************************** **********************************************************

GOV TO GAYS: "GET BACK IN THE CLOSET AND DIE"
    GOV ELECTED BY KILLER CHICKENS

by Karen Webb, Moore, Oklahoma

(Moore, Oklahoma) May 4, 2004 - I am about to make it easier for the guv to relieve himself by ripping him a new one, but I would like exact quotes from his decision.

Henry gives the impression that even Ted Bundy and Joan Crawford would make better parents than any of the gay people he pretended that he believe were protected under the constitution and who helped him win.

Well, it was really the blood-sport, chicken fighting crowd that voted him in. At least Largent doesn't spend a great deal of time sucking up to gays. They know how he feels before he cuts them off at the knees.

Where are your friends when you need them? Well, they are off cramming their own religious views down other people's throats.

What do you do when the ?Dem? guv, ?Dem? legislature and ?Dem? vice chair [Sen Debbe Leftwich] do everything in their power to energize the lunatic fringe of the Repub party?

They actually believe Mr. & Mrs. Fred Phelps [criminal Kansas homophobic church leaders] are better parents just because they are hetero?

I have lost the guv's e-mail address and I want to send him a thank you for telling every child in Oklahoma, including his own, that gay parents are unfit just because they are gay.

And, that getting it is out of the question, because you don't get to choose your mate, if you are gay.

Try all you want, but you aren't calming this gal down. Let it be known the guv wants you gay guys and gals back in the closet and suicidal.

Speak up or they assume you agree!!!

Karen Webb is a writer, activist, and organizer working in Oklahoma and can be reached at
    [email protected]
    ********************************************************** **********************************************************

Dems Will Lose House & Senate
    by Matt McNeil

The cruel and bitter side of me takes consolation in the fact that this whole HB1821 thing is a Pyrrhic victory for the DINOs who inhabit our House and Senate chambers.

After all (thanks to the whole civil marriage equality thing being put to a vote), they will lose the House and Senate come November, anyway. They deserve what they get.

Sad thing is, they'll be replaced by wingnuts far more dangerous than these traitors ever were. To quote the inimitable H.L. Mencken, "The American public deserves what it gets. And they deserve to get it good and hard."

Matt McNiel is a writer in Oklahoma.

2. I Rule

I Rule Guest

Guess this thread died a long time ago!

3. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

...pum'kin, this thread was dead and buried. :rofl: