A&P Kangaroos and Sunsets

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by ASIGN_Baz, Apr 1, 2010.

1. ASIGN_Baz

ASIGN_Baz New Member

Having been attacked and slashed up by a kangaroo as a young bloke, I have since grown big enough to give 'em my own back should one try it again.

Nowdays, I creep as close as I can, daring them all the way to have a go. :naughty:

These guys aren't all that big compared to the big reds I used to hunt in central Australia, but the bucks can still pack a wallop. Anyway, I've been having fun in nature getting close to all manner of native animals over the past months. THis time with a camera instead of a centrefire rifle..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More photos and stories on my nature and wildlife photography site.

Baz.

2. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

first two shots are fantastic, but the quality seems a bit lacking... maybe its just the compression.

3. ASIGN_Baz

ASIGN_Baz New Member

It's more about the story dude.

I think I have gone about as far as I can without some sort of formal photography training course. I have the first of many coming up this month at the Canberra Institute of Technology. This one starts at the building blocks like, "Getting to know your camera" a hands-on course where you learn to become a problem solver rather than a button pusher.

We will see what my photographs look like a year from now after a few more courses.

In the meantime, my astrophotography through the telescope will have to keep me amused.....

4. FlashhslaF

FlashhslaF New Member

I probably have asked you this question before, but i can't recall the thread nor your answer.

Can you recommend me a Telescope that will let me use my canon dslr to take pictures. I've got a budget of about $500 and i definitely don't want the bottom end. I just want to enjoy taking pictures of the moon in detail and possible few planets and nebulas etc .

5. ASIGN_Baz

ASIGN_Baz New Member

For $500 you will be on the bottom end. Bare minimum I would suggest an Orion or Skywatcher ED80 Refractor, or a 6 inch newtonian of some sort, as long as the mount is sturdy and can track stars.

6. wrong1

wrong1 Member

wow how likely are they to attack?

7. ASIGN_Baz

ASIGN_Baz New Member

It's not terribly common, but they are territorial, so I guess it's just pot luck.

The one that got me as a kid, slashed the back of my legs pretty badly. It knocked me over on my back, leaned back on it's tail and slashed at me with the big black claws on it's legs. The arms do nothing really.

I was the second child it had attacked so the farmers there shot it.

8. nine

nine OT Supporter

:sad2: i had this image of a kangaroo with boxing gloves rope-a-doping you.