MMA K1/FEG confirm talks with Rickson, interest in Gomi

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Atmosphere, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

TOKYO, Japan – The Fight Entertainment Group held the opening round of its Olympia HERO’S 2007 Middleweight Grand Prix July 16. In the tournament, Caol Uno, Vitor "Shaolin" Ribeiro and Kultar “Black Mamba” Gill all defeated their Japanese opponents to advance to the next round in September. Ralek Gracie, meanwhile, won his mixed martial arts debut over Katsuyori Shibata, as he secured an armbar following takedown to mount.

Following the holiday Monday event, FEG announced its interest in signing PRIDE lightweight champion Takanori Gomi (27-3-0), along with the return from retirement of Pancrase co-founder and Japanese legend Masakatsu Funaki. FEG also revealed it is involved in negotiations with Rickson Gracie, who may rematch with Funaki in his return. Other possible opponents mentioned for Funaki include Kazushi Sakuraba and Kiyoshi Tamura.

Taiei Kin, who upset Kiyoshi Tamura in the main event of the Olympia HERO’S event, will be participating in K-1’s Asia Grand Prix Aug. 5. His opponent will be Sentoryu (3-7-0). K-1 champion Musashi (42-22-5) will also be fighting; his opponent will be Park Yong Soo.

like whoa. i don't know why i care about Rickson fighting again, but i do :o

2. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

I think Rickson losing would have a somewhat bad affect on MMA and the grappling community