K baby, you ready for a 7 second beast?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by supra27, Jul 20, 2004.

1. supra27

supra27 Guest

My cousin and i are going to start a new project. K take a deep breath for this one.

600 GM Engine in a 94 Camero.
    ^ thats right 600 cubic inch engine.
    This engine fits in perfectly in the 94 camero with no engine mods needed. it is a 9.6 liter engine i believe. Anyway, we are both saving to about 20 grand and putting that baby in there. Getting a new fuel pump + carb to supply this hoss is gonna cost somewhere around 1,200-3000. Not to mention the slicks and all other little mods we gotoa do here and there. If we supercharge it we can expect to run low-mid 7's. Think we can pull it off?

2. WhiteSSP

WhiteSSP OT Supporter

uh, you're gonna need ALOT more than 20k and just a motor to run 7s. And no, you wont make it. And no, it wont fit without any mods into the engine bay.

3. My84Z

My84Z New Member

not to mention there is no such thing as a camero. I own a camaro do you have a special one or something?? lol

4. rebel

rebel Manchester United > All

:Owned:

5. +1

6. supra27

supra27 Guest

oh opps camaro* i always spell that wrong.

btw its a used engine so dont think its gonna be a new one... and yes it will run 7's cuz my boss has one so dont think you know everything.

7. Discrepancy

Discrepancy Guest

Oh shit, well since your boss has one it's obvious everything will work out according to plan.

Continue on, soldier.

8. WhiteSSP

WhiteSSP OT Supporter

:rofl:

You're a complete toolbag. Your "used motor" wont run 7s. Fuck it wont even run 7's in the 1/8th. What are you gonna use for suspension? What kind of tires? Who's setting up this motor? Who's gonna set up the suspension? What rear end are you using? Thats right, you havent even thought about that. there's a whole fuck of alot more to building a race car than a motor. Stick to your "supra's", as a matter of fact, just dont even bother with cars anymore. Find a new hobby. I hear knitting is accepting applications.

EDIT***that wasnt directed at you Discrepancy, it was directed at supraboy

9. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

396 > *
    resizing pictures is for pussies (and those who have more time than me...)
    [​IMG]

10. austynn2001

austynn2001 Guest

:typer: :lockd: :bsflag:

11. big_john2438

big_john2438 Guest

i know a guy who has a 640 big block chevy in a 2002 camaro ss and he runs a 7.5 i dont think ull be able to run a low 7. and now way in hell with 12000 dollars

12. supra27

supra27 Guest

^ yeah thats what im saying. these other idiots donno what they are talkin about. 20 grand would do most of it, atleast it would be able to run 7's. these other guys i can tell just rice out their cars and have noidea the potential. and yes, i have no posted every little detail, i posted the major picture. i will post pics soon of the engine and the exact car we are putting them into. not to hurt your ricers feelings.

13. supra27

supra27 Guest

i hope you were trying to be sarcastic cuz i think u are the most retarded person here...

14. WhiteSSP

WhiteSSP OT Supporter

HAHAHAHA

No Av No Care faggot.

15. z284pwr

z284pwr OT Supporter

I'm sure with the right amount of research, funding and modivation, it can easily be done...
    ya this is a little bit of a different platform....
    [​IMG]

Not to bad for a Carbureted 510 with no power adders in '91 with traction issues....*

I'm sure with the right combination you can pull it off considering this car here....
    [​IMG]
    My dad and his brother built this from the ground up and was running mid 9s in the late 80s on a motor with 0 porting and cast iron heads...at a shit track at 4500 feet. *they were running .4 tenths faster than any car in the class too...

16. Discrepancy

Discrepancy Guest

Christ you truly are the epitome of a fucking idiot.

17. JwM

JwM Guest

Dude, I just want to say that I am bad about lurking, mostly because I don't have alot to say as far as anything I read, etc. I don't have a sub, so yeah... no av, no care... But damn... I think that someone needs to close the board, or make it charge only for new people or something... At least if you charged you wouldn't have as much stupidity... Oh well...

18. flyinbrian

flyinbrian New Member

Pic of Supra27's Camero-

[​IMG]

19. 194kw

194kw Guest

20 grand each? 40 grand total?

good luck. it can be done - 40 grand. pay very close attention to suspension and weight transfer.

fuck it, i'm drunk - you and your cousin are retards.