MMA K-1 World MAX 2008 Final *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by whup, Oct 1, 2008.

1. whup

whup I wish you had children and.. so that I could step

Masato took it.

K-1 refs are fucking hopeless! UGH @ K-1.

Masato beat Sato by decision after an extension round. Masato did deserve to win this, even though Sato got a knockdown.

Kyshenko beat Souwer by decision after an extension round. I think this shouldn't have even gone to an extension round (I think Souwer won this. I'm biased, any other opinions on this?).

Both fights were amazing. Masato v Sato was a throwdown war, meanwhile Kyshenko and particularly Souwer were trading beautiful crisp combinations. Amazing. Essential viewing.

I haven't seen Masato v Kyshenko yet, but I heard that Ky got a knockdown on Masato, and it went to extension round where Masato won.

Most of the fights are on the tractor

2. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

Here I was thinking Sato was going to upset the troops

3. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

Spoiler GIF below ****************************8

[​IMG]

4. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

5. ChampKind

ChampKind New Member

The foot fist way :rofl:

6. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

Masato/Sato

Masato won the 1st rounds against Sato, lost the 3rd because of the knockdown but he was fazed a for a split second and got back up right away, he just got hit with a really good combination. Sato needs to have more confidence in his punches, he lands good combinations because of his reach but doesn't seem to throw as many combos as he did in the 1st 20-30 secs. of the 3rd round. Masato won the extra round decisively though and it was a fair decision.

Kyshenko/Souwer

Kyshenko and Souwer was good, Kyshenko showed almost no respect for Souwer, he was tripping him, provoking him to attack him, and was blocking most of his punches. Kyshenko threw Souwer off his game a bit with his trips in the 3rd/extra rounds and was defending a lot of Souwer's combinations by imitating his defense stance and was landing a lot of his own. Souwer did his thing and was on the offense quite a bit but didn't land as much as Kyshenko did. Kyshenko showed immense control and power for someone at his age, he will be champion in the next year or two. The extra round, both were on the offensive and tried to get the decision but Souwer just did not do enough to win decisively in the judge's eyes and I believe it was the right decision although it could've gone either way honestly.

Masato/Kyshenko
    Masato pretty much won the first round against Kyshenko, he landed the most punches and was in control.

HOLY SHIT! Masato was legitimately dazed by Kyshenko :eek3: in the first couple seconds of the 2nd round. Wow, Masato was stiff standing up and he was lucky he fell down or Kyshenko would've finished him. Rest of the round, Masato was playing catch up and both landed good punches/combinations, round definitely goes to Kyshenko.

3rd round was really close, it should've gone to Kyshenko, imo. Masato didn't do enough to win while Kyshenko was landing more than he was even though there wasn't much of it (considering how they both went extra rounds in their previous fights and they should be dead tired...) but Masato got gifted by the judges and now it goes to extra round.

Kyshenko was dead tired, Masato was on the offense constantly and trying to land punches and kicks, Kyshenko landed some good punches of his own but that it was like a good punches out of like a handful of combinations while Masato was trying to constantly throw combinations and landing jabs. Masato won the extra round hands down.

Other notes:

Souwer's wife has a manly jaw, Masato's wife is cute, and Nieky Holtzken was very impressive against Virgil, he basically nullified Virgil's tight boxing stance and dominated him from the beginning.

7. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

How was... ...cant remember his name right now Hori...something. that 16 yr old kid from Japan?

8. MyLittleAirport

Hiroya?

I don't know, I haven't seen his fight yet :dunno:

9. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

:noes:

good break downs. I think i'll rub it in to my coach tonight that Masato won the GP. Masato cut him BAD when they fought.

10. MyLittleAirport

Who's your coach? :eek3:

11. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

the cut was beautiful though. He threw a jab, Masato parried it, then slid forward a step and threw his elbow straight up south to north. cut him right over his right eye, 16 stitches i think.

Makes you realize that Buakaw and Masato are really competing in someone else's sport in K1.

12. MyLittleAirport

That's insane, 16 stitches... jesus christ...

13. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

i'll ask him again tonight. shit, i should upload the video when i get home. quality is really shitty, but it was a crazy fight.

14. MyLittleAirport

Nice :cool: Can't wait to see it.

15. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

Link to the tractor.

16. whup

whup I wish you had children and.. so that I could step

Kyshenko is the future for sure.

I hope Ray Ray's protege Jordan Tai starts fulfilling his intial promise too. Poor mofo has had to fight Buakaw and Kyshenko already :_(

17. Kuet

Kuet New Member

what fucker tracker??!!! ARRGHHHH