A&P JVC GR-DV500 usb connection?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by fknfast, Jun 7, 2007.

1. fknfast

fknfast Coming to a QB near you

So I borrowed a friends video camera to try and extract the video he took off it for him. I use a sony and have had no problems (but Im no pro by any means). I hooked it all up via usb and XP tries to install the drivers for it but eventually says that it cannot.

I read on a site (via google) that JVC DV cams will only work via usb with the software that came with the camera? Any know if this is true? If so, whats the name of the software? Anyone know of a driver/firmware I could install to make it work via usb with a random editing program :x:

Any help is appreciated!

2. Hypnos_VI

Hypnos_VI JENGA!

only experience i have with JVC cams is the HDD model...and that damn thing wouldnt even work with a different USB cable than the one it came with. JVC equipment is a pain in the ass if you ask me.

3. mojito

mojito New Member

firewire fool. video cameras export video via firewire. usb is usually for the still images and shit

4. fknfast

fknfast Coming to a QB near you

finally found my cable, ill try that

5. Hypnos_VI

Hypnos_VI JENGA!

well, the one i used was to make a stupid movie for the windows vista launch at my old job. so i took the JVC HDD camera out of the box and it only came with a usb, but in order to be sneaky i took out only the camera and left everything else in the packaging, and used a usb from our tech shop...no dice. had to use the one it came with??

edit: now that i think about it, it could have been firewire. this was like 4 months ago.