GUN Justice systems sucks this guy shouldn't do any time

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Nov 15, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Racine man found guilty of homicide

Published: Monday, November 13, 2006 11:46 PM CST

RACINE, Wis. - A jury has found a man guilty of shooting to death a young man and wounding another, rejecting the man's claim he acted in self-defense after finding them breaking into his girlfriend's car.

A jury in Racine found Adrial C. White guilty of first-degree intentional homicide and two counts of attempted homicide on Monday.

White had argued he acted in self defense when he went outside his home in January and found three teens attempting to break into his girlfriend's car. White testified he felt threatened when he confronted the men and one of them raised a tire iron above his head

White was accused of shooting to death Christopher "Eric" Cabajal, and shooting at two other young men, seriously wounding one of them, Enrico Serra Jr. Both men had been shot in the back, prosecutors said. A bullet passed through the clothes of a third man, Phillip Jardina, but did not injure him.

Prosecutors argued White had no right to use such lethal force to defend property.

Wisconsin law justifies the use of deadly force if there is an imminent and actual danger of death or great bodily harm. It does not allow the use of deadly force to protect property.

White could face life in prison at his sentencing.

The case divided Racine, with some people thinking White had acted like a vigilante. But other people thought it was his right to stand up against crime in his neighborhood.

Signs by White's supporters saying "Free Adrial" appeared in yards in West Racine, where the shooting took place. In the early days of his court appearances, supporters even packed the courtroom calling for White's release.

The city and police force even held local meetings addressing the matter following the shooting. Some people had accused city officials of ignoring violent crime until it struck outside the inner city.

A service of the Associated Press(AP)

2. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

yeah, damn the justice system for putting someone on trial for shooting two men in the back. :ugh:

3. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

The shooting in the back is pretty bad if it's true, but I don't understand how he could get first degree homicide. Going outside and finding someone breaking into your girlfriend's car then having a confrontation doesn't sound too premeditated.

4. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

I dont have a problem with that, its the first degree murder charge for the guy who threatened him with a tire iron that should have been dropped.

5. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

So some assholes who were trying to take shit that didnt belong to them get shot by someone who doesnt want to be a victim.

[​IMG]

6. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

firstly, it wasn't his car.
    secondly, he had the decision to not confront them as they were not even directly dealing with him until he made that decision.
    thirdly, he made the decision to shoot when their backs were turned. probably means as soon as he pulled a gun they tried to run.

three shitty decisions like that, back to back, makes my give-a-fuck-o-meter register low too if he spends the rest of his life in jail.

7. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

he shouldnt have shot at their backs. at that poing, they are trying to flee. thats a big no no.

8. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

I agree with his defending his GF's property. Very justified him wanting to do that.
    I would even condone him shooting them. If they were causing a threat towards him. Like the one guy with a tire iron.
    Howver I wouldnt have shot them in the back and killed them.

I think he may have been able to get away with wounding them in the legs or something though

9. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

As gun owners I think we like to feel that we're being oppressed and all gun owners are innocent victims of the system. That isn't always the case.

If you google around you'll find some interesting things. An officer first encounted the shooter and "found White standing outside in shorts with two women. Ropiak said none of them said they had heard noises that sounded like gunshots, but told him some kids had been "monkeying with" a car and that they ran off. He found a shoe in the alley."

Mr White has had some runins with the law, notably including:
    Three civil cases for restraining orders, two requested by his ex-wife and one he requested against his ex-wife's mother
    Two misdemeanor charges for violent disorderly conduct

You have a guy with a history of violence not calling the police when he shoot someone and then trying to cover it up, and the shooting victims getting it in the back. Its not looking good for mr white. I wonder where the tire iron was found in relation to the bodies. How does 1 armed person justify shooting at all 3?

Honestly I think juries seldom find an innocent man guilty and I don't think this is an exception. If the car was safe and the men weren't acting agressively it isn't his right to kill them for trying to steal the car.

10. Anders 7

Anders 7 I aim to misbehave OT Supporter

:rofl: No

11. Anders 7

Anders 7 I aim to misbehave OT Supporter

Shooting them in the back is a no no. I hope this guy gets a half way light sentence assuming he has no priors but he does need to do a little time.

12. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

That's my hometown :o

I don't know if that article mentioned it or not, but after he shot them, he picked up all the brass and hid the gun, and didn't call the police. That certainly didn't help him. His excuse was that he "didn't trust the police." :hsugh:

As far as I know, you can't kill for property in WI; your life has to be threatened. It's highly doubtful that this guy's life was threatened, and he shot them all in the back. From what I read, it sounded like he was really trying to be a thug about it.

I don't think he should have gotten full-blown murder 1, but he's gotta have some consequences. He'll probably get a lighter sentence and get out relatively early.

13. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

reason #21341234123412341234 why its a good idea to live in TX :big grin:

14. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

Worst Idea EVAR!

15. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

If they argued that the guy planted the tire iron, then 1st degree would come into play in some places. May have also come from other evidence/witness testimony that wasn't made public.

16. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

It didn't help his case that he picked up his spent brass and tried to hide his gun.