SRS Just went to my first NA meeting...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by famous, Jan 8, 2009.

1. famous

famous OT Supporter

I've been a heavy pot smoker for the past 3 years, smoking up to an eighth a day, easily.
    long story short, my neighbor knew i smoked, and when he was arrested for dealing to an undercover DEA agent, he thought the odds were pretty good for them to find something more than pot in my room. he told them i sold him prescription pills(a complete lie). they search my apartment, 6 days after my birthday. i had been given a gram of hash, and had taken mushrooms with my girlfriend a few days before my bday, and still had a gram or so left(whihc is worthless, i should have just thrown it out, i know). i dabble with other drugs, but have never done them consistently.
    anyways, because of the mushrooms, i was ordered by the court to go to 15 NA meetings, and 15 group meetings for PC1000, which includes 3 random drug tests(no weed:wtc:)
    thats the back story.

anyways, it was pretty interesting. obviously, being there by court order is much different than beign there by my own free will, but its amazing how effective it seems to be for those looking for a solution to quit. it makes me feel like a pussy for ever thinking i had any problems, some of these stories were mindblowing. makes it seem like its gonna be a lot easier to not smoke, after hearing what these people went through during their worsts.

anyways, i dont konw where im going with this, but it was quite an eye opening experience, and just wanted to vent.

anyone here have any experience with NA?

2. Mulsanne

Mulsanne The Man = Funk Fusion Chaos

sounds like you'll be ok/doing the right thing etc.

but what an asshole neighbor :ugh:

3. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

Seriously dude, that's fucked.

Good luck with everything man. I smoke trees as a remedy to help me relax..

I go weeks without smoking sometimes without an issue, but if it was forced upon me, I think it'd be harder than normal.

Good luck with everything man.

4. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Just consider your neighbor doing you a favor in the long run. :hsd:

5. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Yeah NA, just like other 12 step programs is really great for those who really work their program and who take full advantage of the support offered.

I've been to plenty of meetings and taken part in them for a variety of reasons.

6. illectronic

illectronic I'm Coming Home OT Supporter

I've been going consistently to AA for 7 months. I like it. Met some real friends there, but most of all I work the steps. Consider staying and get a sponsor.