SRS Just want to vent about life...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by exile88, Jun 4, 2007.

1. exile88

exile88 New Member

Ok, this is nothing so serious at all. I just to write down my thoughts somewhere, nothing more, nothing less. After I left university, I decided to go to China, just to explore some options and maybe figure out something better to do with my life. The problem is that by being here, I have pretty much given up many opportunities in other places. Even if I left now, it would somewhat be too late to do the things I could have before. Also, I don't really want to leave as I will be getting married soon, but my future wife cannot leave for at least 2 more years.
    I'm trying to put the finishing touches on my website, because honestly, I'm counting on that to support myself and my future family. At times I feel very confident, but at other times, I realize that I don't really know what I am doing. If my website fails, I have no idea what I will do next. Basically I have to make it work. I am going to pump as much time, money and effort into it to make it successful as I can, but recently I have found myself questioning my confidence. Anyway, I'm not really expecting any replies to this, I simply wanted to write this down.
    Haha, it's funny, but I think that by writing this, I already feel much better. :)
    Ok, it's time to get back to work. Goodness, staying motivated is maybe the hardest thing for me. Any ideas about that?

Ps: please don't ask me what the point of this post is, because even I'm not sure.

2. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

What's the point of this post? :) j/k

As far as staying motivated? Set goals for yourself and write them down. Then work to accomplish them. Rinse and repeat.

Oh and you know that saying yes to some things means you have to say no to others. One cannot be in 2 places at once so we all have to make choices. The good thing about life is nothing is permanent....even if it feels like it is. So if you want to live elsewhere....make that a goal and give it a time frame like 5 years or so. Then continue to work to accomplish that goal.

I've struggled with this shit my whole life till I found it's better to choose something from the vast amount of choices, then throw myself into that choice 100%. I sometimes take a lot of time to make that choice but once I do, I'm all in.

Good luck.

3. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

I have to agree. Nothing is permanent and that's what makes your life challenging!

Yes good luck to you and you future wife!