Just want to clarify some Application process

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Tobal, May 10, 2003.

1. Tobal

Tobal Guest

Well i just want to clarify if the procedures i have been using has been correct of applying cleaners, polish and wax.

Well let me first start with the DACP... i haven't used this product before But it should be like any other SMR. All you do for this product is to apply it onto an applicator and start buffing it until it is dry? Buffing process should be done in a line movement or circular?

For Polish, i usually just apply on and then let it haze a bit and remove. Same thing for Wax....apply let it haze and remove.

If something seems wrong and need correcting, please advice :) thanks

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Application process is the same for all polishes. Apply it in a back and forth motion, like the wind goes over your car when it's moving. Work it in until it's nearly clear and dry, then buff.

Wax is the same, although it's kinda difficult to "work in" wax. I just apply it the same way, then buff off. One panel at a time.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

When you are cutting by hand (removing a microthin layer of paint to remove imperfections like scratches or swirls), I've found a terry cloth towel folded into 1/8ths size works better than a foam or terry cloth applicator. It gives you a very thick pad to work with and the deep nap of the towels hold product very well. You need to work DACP into the paint until it looks clear and nearly dry. Make sure you refold the towel for each section and don't let DACP dry completely on your paint or it can be hard to remove. Work one section at a time, and remove the excess immediately.

4. Tobal

Tobal Guest

I know for the DACP, you will need some good elbow grease. But "working it in" means you just go back and forth w/ some "good effort" until it is clear/dry (polish). Also as for the wax do you "work it in" or do you just kinda topp it and then just buff off(wind motion).

I guess i have been doing it wrong....All i did before for the wax and polish was just Apply (topp the car) and then let hit haze/dry and then remove.

Sorry that these questions might be stupid...but just want to get the Concept Correct.

5. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

I try to work it in as much as possible. :dunno: