Just talked to my ex about why we don't hang out much. v.Naive

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ww_Crimson, May 6, 2009.

1. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

I was in a shitty mood tonight and she was texting me and she was trying to joke about us hanging out and how she was in a grumpy mood too so we would cheer each other up. Then she said something like "ok I'll see you in 10 minutes" and I said "I just told you I don't want to hang out tonight" and she got kinda butt hurt because she was joking and just trying to cheer me up, but anyway.. A conversation started about guys being friends with girls.

I told her I don't ever invite her over to hang out with me and my buddies anymore because we aren't dating and it would be weird. Weird for me because it's my time to chill with the guys and weird because they'd be like "why did you invite your ex". She was like "I didn't realize exes being friends was so taboo" and I explained to her how most guys don't stay close friends with a girl unless they are interested in them. She said "so basically all the guys I know are trying to befriend me and get in my pants?" and I told her yes, that was exactly right. Guys don't want to be your girlfriend and listen to you talk about other dudes, even if you don't mind hearing about them and another girl.

Conversation went on for a little while and I basically got her pretty worked up just by being completely honest. The conversation ends like this:

Her: I don't have much to say
    Me: Yep, sorry. I probably just fucked up your night and quite possible tomorrow as well. Just better than you being blind to it all I suppose.
    Her: So I think I'm done
    Her: Maybe my week.
    Her: Appreciate it
    Me: Right.
    Her: I would have rather not known
    Me: Ignorance is bliss
    Her: Yep

Why the fuck do girls have to get a harsh slap in the face like this to realize such blantantly obvious things?

ibWomenLogic

2. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

well, that might not be true in all cases... I am sure you can have guy friends that don't want to get in your pants, but it usually happens when at least one of you is not single. My observation is that if they are both single guys generally think about more than just friendship.

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

You are correct, you can't be friends with someone you had a serious relationship with.

Men can have women as friends but it's rare. I have a couple who I am friends with for intellectual reasons (they are smart) but there is no physical attraction and I would not fuck them under any circumstances.

And on that note, I cannot stand naive women.

You know what's gonna happen next? Your gf is gonna ask those guys (her orbiters) if they "are only friends with her cuz they wanna fuck her." And they're gonna be nice guys and lie and say "of course not! We're just good friends!" And then she's gonna be like "see! I knew it! Guys and girls CAN be friends" and it's going to reinforce her incorrect belief :rofl:

4. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

Just reminds me that a guy friend of mine whom I just know from internet once told me if I was not hot he probably would not stay good friends with me, I was like:ugh: I chatted up and was close to a few ugly guys tho, It did not matter to me at all but I did not have any sexual kind of feelings for them..

5. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

In on the can't be 'just friends' with exs crew. You can't just erase that kind of intimacy.

6. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

:rofl:

Then said guise will be friendzoned.

7. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

I agree, I am friends with my ex's, but we talk maybe once in 6 months, and its usually only the 'how are you doing' stuff, with a little bit of, 'I miss xxxx about you' which is always sexual related.

8. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

thats because women like attention almost as much as men like sex.

9. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Thats so true.

I never understood why everytime my ex and I would talk (she has a current bf) sex always comes up. About how her current SO sucks, or how she misses the things I would/could do, etc etc.

I just dont understand why. Both parties know it, both parties know 99% of the time it isn't going to happen again, but yet, 100% of the time the subject comes up.

wtf. :hsd:

10. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Yep, perfect time to stop talking to your ex like she's a friend. She's not ready.

11. DaFreak963

DaFreak963 New Member

I really dont know why most women do not understand that all of their guy friends at some point wanted, want or will want to get in their pants.

12. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

Pretty sure you're wrong, Falconer

13. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

and girls act like its such a revelation. lol. you are hot and have a vagina, how does us being friends have anything to do with it? :rofl:

14. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

You need to at least quote me so I know what part of what I said you're disagreeing with :big grin:

15. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

I'm friends with ex's. As I said in another thread, it sucks, but you get over it. If they were worth being friends with in the first place, it's worth holding onto that if you can stop being a little bitter bitch. When you both find other people is when you get that mutual appreciation back. That being said, a lot of people can't do this because they are really insecure about another guy boning their ex. Whatever, it takes TIME.

Having girl friends. Maybe you can't, and maybe a lot of other guys can't, but I can speak for myself and a lot of people I know that I have very good looking friends who I am PURELY friends with. If I showed you pics you would have a hard time believing it, but it is entirely possible to completely get passed the fact that they are hot and just really like being around them.

Girls will only ask VERY VERY close guy friends that question. If ever. Once they suspect their guy friends just want ass they generally just use that as leverage and never really bring it up.

16. THoC

THoC New Member

im not close friends w. any ex.

i do however have a couple of friends who are girls and i have no interest in fucking at all.

17. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

while there are exceptions to every rule, for the most part, i think its a bad idea to be friends with ex's. i dont wish any of my ex's any harm and only hope the best for them, but i know its in everyones best interest to not try and be buddies. if i ran into them at a party, i would enjoy a few minutes of catch up on their lives and be happy to hear they were doing well, but after that, i would be good to walk away. yes, there was a reason we dated for so long, and they all hold a special place in my heart, but there is also a reason we broke up. most of the time it was because who they were as a person didnt click with who i was as a person, and that holds true whether its about being in a realtionship or just friends.

and chicks who dont realize that their guy friends are trying to get in their pants are either dumb or playing dumb.

18. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

there are always exceptions to everything

19. Vysion

Vysion New Member

A woman's social circle is very important to them, they are naive to male friends wanting to have sex with them so they don't break that circle.

20. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

well then be the exception to society's fucking rules!

/the game

21. J_75

J_75 New Member

Of course, but that doesn't mean the general rule isn't true. Being "just friends" with someone you were really close/intimate with is asking for trouble.

Now if you were just fuck buddies, sure....but when I hear someone say they are dating someone, I assume it's not just casual fooling around.

22. TomBrady

TomBrady New Member

i told my ex that when we broke up
    girls are dumb as fuck
    and btw
    no i dont want to hang out with a chick i dont want to fuck
    why would i waste my time/energy 'hanging out' with a chick unless i was trying to fuck her
    sorry but thats true

23. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

24. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Yea I dunno, she ended up texting me like 5 minutes after I made this post and it was her trying to guilt trip me for making her feel like shit but then after like 20 more minutes she finally apologized and realized what I was explaining.

I can be friends with an ex, it's not a problem, I'm just not going to call/text/see them every fucking day like she wants. She wants to be "best friends" and no, it won't happen with me.

25. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

there are a few exceptions to this. girls that are exceptionally cool, funny, easy going and can hang with the guys. I hang out with them because they are genuinely good to hang out with....

and I STILL often end up fucking them at some point.