just started going to the gym... comment my progress

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by evh, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evh

evh Active Member

what happened to me was that i was originally 167lbs. i was a fat ass... decided to lose some weight and went about it the completely wrong way. i lost too much weight and dropped down to 130 pounds and was looking like a skinny twat.

now i've been going to the gym for 2 weeks and eating a SHITLOAD of food but mostly lean meats with no fat, some carbohydrates to balance it out, fruit and nuts, and a little fat as well... also taking whey protein.

it's only been 2 weeks exactly and i'm noticing a really big difference. i gained 10lbs in a week and a half (which puts me at 140 now) and i don't think it's fat because i somehow developed abs... i wanna say its a 6 pack but i don't think i'm quite there yet, let me know how this looks and if you guys have any pointers or advice let me know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

today (5th):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  2. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

140 lbs?

how tall are you?

3. SQLee

SQLee The OTer That Cares™

Abs are looking good man, but you need to bulk the chest some more.

4. evh

evh Active Member

16 years old / 5' 9"

5. evh

evh Active Member

yes definitely. trying to work on that, i have a fuckin weak ass chest though.

6. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

eat more and lift heavier.

7. evh

evh Active Member

i really don't know if i could eat more than i have been now. i get to points where i feel like i wanna throw up from so much food. not all the time, but it happens.

i try not to do the cheat calories either with mcdonalds or anythi9ng like that... too much fat.

as far as lifting heavier goes, i have to start doign that. my body is still relaitvely weak though from the damage i did to it. i'm still kind of waiting to build my strength again.

8. zackflavored

zackflavored KingShit's Post #55!

the key for me is 6-7 meals and STUFFING myself each meal, however drink MAD LOTS of water between not eating and eat some vitamin B/B12 after each meal. i drink about 1.5 gallons of pure water a day and it keeps me hydrated, energized and hungry.

9. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

good god, man... my height and 35 lbs. lighter...

...and i thought i was done cutting :wtc:

10. deuceforty

deuceforty between rupture and rapture

you have a lot more muscle though man

11. evh

evh Active Member

well i drink about 5 half-liter bottles of water when i lift at the gym. and then i have about 2-4 protein shakes a day.. i'm gonna start downing a bottle of water before every meal.. i havwe about 7 a day.

12. evh

evh Active Member

yeah imagine how i looked at 130... :(

13. pokpok

pokpok New Member

damn...how did u drop down to 130lbs?

im at 167 right now and im 1inch shorter than you

14. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

you didn't gain 10 lbs of muscle in a week... you probably got some water weight plus gained some fat and some mass all combined.

15. evh

evh Active Member

right, but if i gained fat then why are my abs showing more than they ever have?

16. evh

evh Active Member

stopped eating basically. skipped lots of meals, filled myself up on diet soda.

17. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

It's in your head? :dunno: I can't answer your question, i can only tell you that gaining 10lbs of muscle in a week and a half is impossible without steroids, and even then i doubt it's possible.

18. evh

evh Active Member

there's no way it's in my head. i can clearly see them when i look down and i can run my fingers over it and feel the muscle. when i was 130 i had a flat stomach, no abs, just flat stomach... now i can see my abs and i don't understand how that is possible if i gained more fat.

19. zackflavored

zackflavored KingShit's Post #55!

+fat doesnt necessarily mean its going straight to your abs and you must have some sort of super genetic ab thing, but you surely didn't gain 10 lbs of muscle 2-3 at most (not even that maybe!)

20. evh

evh Active Member

yeah damn, that's weird. i'm also a lot more vascular, my veins come out like CRAZY

21. BrownWalrus

BrownWalrus New Member

you're doing good man, abs are definitely getting there. keep it up :), have you considered meal replacement powders? If you really can't eat a lot of food to gain weight, you could give these a try...it basically has everything you need from a normal healthy meal in powder, think of it as drinking a protein shake. I wouldn't really recommend it at your age, or in general...i would say to try and ear normal healthy food to get weight, but it's just another option for you i guess...don't know much more about these things. i would say to just try new things and get your diet down, it's very important, and relying on MRP is probably not the best thing...

22. evh

evh Active Member

nah, haven't really considered the meal replacement plans cause i think it'll give me TOO many calories. i'm eating a SHITLOAD but i think i'm getting just the right amount.

23. BrownWalrus

BrownWalrus New Member

I think it's about 280-310ish calories. Well, whatever works for you, just keep it up and you will be fine.

24. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

MAD LOTS of water!

25. The Boy Bastard

The Boy Bastard Bewbie's??

You're gain is 99% water and muscle glycogen. Your abs and over all increased definition are due to increase in glycogen/water and therefore "filling" all your lean body mass. Your lifestyle before depleted your glycogen stores as well as water. The demand from working out is forcing the refuel and your costant eating is enabling this to happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.