Just started christophers' "Base" routine tonight

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by TenSteel, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TenSteel

TenSteel Ted Cruz suicide hotline OT Supporter

Yeah, tonight was the first time I've ever done DL's. Also the first time I've done 5x5 for any exercise. I'm feeling pretty good, still getting used to the DL form. Later this week/weekend will be trying out good mornings, etc. The dude who I thought was gonna help me out is avoiding my calls, so I'm gonna try to bug one of the PT's at my gym to spot me and show me correct form.

Tomorrow I'm going to order some bf calipers from 1fast along with "Myotape" to take measurements of my arms, legs, chest, etc. before I really get started with the lifting, since right now I'm still learning the form for some of the exercises. Next week I'll work with someone to determine my 5RM's for all of the exercises for my baseline, and I'll start up a thread in the training log forum.

I looked at my diet, and I figured out simple ways to add more calories to what I'm eating while still keeping most of the intake clean just by increasing portions by small amounts across my usual 5-6 small meals/day. I figure I'll probably do a 6-8 week bulk diet, followed by a 4 week cut (supplement with green tea extracts, CLA, etc.) Lather, rinse, repeat, for the rest of the year.

I'm sick of my year+ long plateau, and this summer I'm goin to start doing something about it. I'll post some before/after pics once I start to see some improvements. Once that happens, I'll probably have some serious ass kissing to do in this forum from all your guys' help. :o

Any other tips for me before I get started?

2. shastaisforwinners

shastaisforwinners OT Supporter

Timmy probably won't even know what a GM is :mamoru:

3. blam

blam New Member

look for a guy who squats or dls a lot of weight properly. He will probably have a better chance of knowing how to GM then a PT.

4. Phineas Q Stork

Phineas Q Stork Active Member

I say bulk longer and then cut for more than 4 weeks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.