A&P just some photos. . .

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by anfrey, Oct 19, 2002.

1. anfrey

anfrey ɹǝƃuoɯǝɔɐǝd

well, i'm rather new to photography and have chosen to learn the digital route. i got a pretty decent sub $300 camera (canon powershot a40) with, what i've been told, the best manual mode for this price range. it's alright i suppose... but a 15" exposure is just too short... and only min/max aperture? ah well, i still like my camera :) check out some shots i've taken with it

http://www.pbase.com/anfrey

please comment. criticism is very welcome. (make it constructive, though... i want to know what i can do to get better shots)

2. M-1000

M-1000 COME FLY AWAY

great pictures :bigthumb:

my olympus has a max 16 second exposure. it fits my needs

3. anfrey

anfrey ɹǝƃuoɯǝɔɐǝd

thanks for responding kevice :) coool :) i wish i had a camedia too, but they're out of my price range... i really liked the shots you posted on your thread. . . the 8sec exposure one with the car drivin down the alley is pretty nice.

4. Camcam

Camcam J.U.N.K.E.R.

Very nice pics man. I was thinking about getting the Canon A40 also. Do you like it still?

5. anfrey

anfrey ɹǝƃuoɯǝɔɐǝd

hey camcam... i f'n LOVE my a40. . . i just go nuts taking pics with it :) it is definately a good buy. i think bestbuy is having a deal on them right now.

i took some nighttime shots when i got home at 5am from the pub this morning. . . it had rained earlier and the stars were are full force. i'm gonna have to get a telescope or binoculars one of these days :)

if you're interested in the a40, i suggest you check out the powershot a-series group .. they're a bunch of cool canon a-series photographers (a10,20,30,40,elph, etc)... it's a cool community.

there's also the main canon digital photography forum which is more general and less a-series specific.

all in all, it's a great camera. it does what i need and the manual mode is the best u can find for the price (am i repeating myself here?)...

anyway, i update my pbase galleries usually as soon as i get some shots in, so keep watching if you're interested :)

oh btw, i take it u know the a40 can shoot video too, right? it comes in pretty handy... especially now that i'm overseas and my fiancée is back in the US. i can send her video clips n use editting software to put up a montage :)

if u have any questions on the cam, feel free to ask me. if you're still undecided between the a40 and a few others, i suggest you check out steve's digicams.. it's a very good resource :)

6. IMJ

IMJ The Bitch

I wish I had a digital.

I would be taking pictures non-stop!