just some Ðirection

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by dmckee77, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmckee77

dmckee77 New Member

Hey all,

I'm looking for some advice (or a thread that already has this advice) on how to alter my diet a little...

Problem:
    I buy decently healthy food (yogurt, oat bread, fake PB -- I'm addicted to JIF) but organic jelly/jam) and also some unhealthy food works its way into the diet (greasy pizza, cheetos 2nites ago, poptarts) -- but I'm lazy and lack modivation to cook or prepare food. (work full time and like to lounge when I'm not)

I *do* go to the gym regularly but not religiously.

What I'm looking for:
    I'm in search of healthy, but easy foods/meals. Also, I'm anti-bulk, meaning that I don't buy lots of anything because it will undoubtably go bad because of my unmotivated lifestyle, so maybe you can suggest mutiple items that I could rotate throughout the week. I do tend to get bored of things quick.

:uh:
    Thanks in advance!

2. RG

RG New Member

oats, rice, potatoes, penises, chicken, turkey, crispbread (wasa), cottage cheese, milk

3. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

harden the fuck up and turn your ass into betty crocker and cook shit. follow pur's diet, go train like a freak, ???, get pussy. how hard is it to put chicken in a pan, then let that bitch sit in the oven for 40 mins while you jack off and wonder why your not seeing any results.

MAN THE FUCK UP

PS. Oh I see your new here, welcome to F&N. You should really read the stickies

4. dmckee77

dmckee77 New Member

LOL -- I think I'm just in an auto-cruise time of life :p

I read the stickies! -- I'm working on reading all the stickies in this sub-forum though. There are a lot.

5. daballer2005

daballer2005 New Member

Either you want to change your lifestyle or you don't. There's nothing in between.

Follow purs workout/diet religiously and transform your body in 6 months. peep my log

6. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

post your diet and your stats (height, weight, goal)... :dunno:

7. BimmerJustin

BimmerJustin Why would you deny yourself something you want?

1.) you have to learn to cook basic shit, if you want results, its necessary

2.) try to keep your cheat foods isolated to 1-2 days of the week. what I've found is that if you eat well and workout 5 days, you'll get results and not only enjoy your cheats more, but you'll start feeling guilty about eating too much crap in the course of 1-2 days, so you'll wind up cutting a lot of that shit out completely.

3.) a side note on jelly; just because its organic does not mean its all natural. The only ingredients on the label should be fruit, pectin, and maybe one preservative. look for no added sugar.

4.) try hard to get used to natural PB, its a tough transition at first, but after a little bit i wouldnt trade my natty PB for all the jif/reeses/skippy in the world.

as far as what you should be eating, chicken breast, lean beef, fish, eggs, oatmeal. Also, whole grains such as 100% whole wheat bread (again make sure theres no HFCS added, read the label), brown rice, whole wheat pasta. Some starches are fine in moderation, white rice, potatoes, barley, couscous. Learn to portion starches, most are 1/4c dry per serving. Dont just put a bunch in a pot of water and eat, because you will likely overeat and not realize it.

For veggies, frozen works fine, and makes for easy cooking. Broccoli, green beans, bell peppers, asparagus, peas are all good choices and can all be found frozen. Frozen gives you the option to microwave, roast, or stovetop to cook. Also try to include a fresh salad a couple times a week.

All of these items should be readily available at your local grocery store.

If you really want to start eating healthy, it starts with making choices at the grocery store that you've probably never made before. skip the frozen pizzas, pop tarts and prepared foods in general. read labels and get to know how many cals you're consuming per day and of those cals, how many are unnecessary and unhealthy.

8. deznutz

deznutz New Member

:hsugh:

9. el es dee

el es dee ...through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

chili is good

10. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

I hear they are quite good and cheap :dunno:

Seriously though, whip yourself into shape. You have to want it and be willing to work for it!

11. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

they have jif natural

12. Frank Dux

Frank Dux Guest

13. -Boost-

-Boost- Active Member

which is still somewhat of a compromise, right? from what i remember reading it's not *true* natty PB but it's better than the regular shit...

14. -Boost-

-Boost- Active Member

i don't disagree with the sentiment at all, as that's the way I approach it, but maybe more people would make the right lifestyle changes if they took them in moderation. completely changing one's lifestyle drastically is a shock people have a hard time dealing with and is probably why the vast majority of people fail 99% of the time.. :dunno:

oh, and... :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: to your log. amazing progress.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  15. RG

RG New Member

not like itll even make a difference

16. -Boost-

-Boost- Active Member

i agree... just saying it before someone else does :mamoru:

17. BimmerJustin

BimmerJustin Why would you deny yourself something you want?

PB should have two ingredients; peanuts, salt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.